Trojan:Win32/Chebri.B is a malicious program that is unable to spread of its own accord. It may perform a number of actions of an attacker's choice on an affected computer.
When executed, Trojan:Win32/Chebri.B copies itself to c:\documents and settings\administrator\application data\regsrv64.exe.
The malware modifies the following registry entries to ensure that its copy executes at each Windows start:
Adds value: "Microsoft DLL Registration"
With data: "c:\documents and settings\administrator\application data\regsrv64.exe"
To subkey: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\windows\currentversion\run
Contacts remote host
Trojan:Win32/Chebri.B may contact a remote host at 29779519131121219.com using port 20001. Commonly, malware may contact a remote host for the following purposes:
- To report a new infection to its author
- To receive configuration or other data
- To download and execute arbitrary files (including updates or additional malware)
- To receive instruction from a remote attacker
- To upload data taken from the affected computer
This malware description was produced and published using our automated analysis system's examination of file SHA1 7b8eea276cfad0cd2629ff243fd19f96f9f5366e.