Trojan:Win32/Chebri.C is a malicious program that is unable to spread of its own accord. It may perform a number of actions of an attacker's choice on an affected computer.
When executed, Trojan:Win32/Chebri.C copies itself to c:\documents and settings\administrator\application data\regsrv32.exe.
The malware modifies the following registry entries to ensure that its copy executes at each Windows start:
Adds value: "Microsoft DLL Registaation"
With data: "c:\documents and settings\administrator\application data\regsrv32.exe"
To subkey: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\windows\currentversion\run
Contacts remote host
Trojan:Win32/Chebri.C may contact a remote host at 24131192124.com using port 20001. Commonly, malware may contact a remote host for the following purposes:
- To report a new infection to its author
- To receive configuration or other data
- To download and execute arbitrary files (including updates or additional malware)
- To receive instruction from a remote attacker
- To upload data taken from the affected computer
This malware description was produced and published using our automated analysis system's examination of file SHA1 4f8af307ce56b7730b067416b3a3d3d1fbb06217.