This is a generic detection for unknown or unclassified IRC-based malware.
Generally, this malware can:
- Add or create autorun registry entries so that is runs every time Windows restarts.
- Install a copy of itself in various folders on your PC.
These threats usually connect to an IRC server and join a specific channel to receive commands from a malicious hacker. This can include:
- Downloading and installing other programs, including updates, plugins and other malware.
- Downloading configuration information.
- Sending information about your PC, such as your OS version, PC name, and user name.
- Using your PC for denial of service (DoS) attacks.
Alerts from your security software might be the only symptom.