Big advantages in a neat package
- Simple to use—Just point and click to plan your trip; plus find stops on the go (no Internet required)
- Easy to see—Full-screen display for easier reading of maps and directions on your laptop.
- Lets you customize your plan—Select from 1.5 million points of interest in Streets & Trips including RV campgrounds, state and national parks, gas stations, historic sites, casinos, and much more; import additional points of interest collections from the Web such as locations of WalMart® stores or the best breakfast spots in town.
- Lets you be flexible—Take a scenic back-roads route or go by interstate; change your plan at any time. Include multiple destinations and stops to rest and refuel.
- Helps you avoid surprises and delays—Import height restrictions, construction updates, and other important data from the Web.
- Keeps you on budget—Calculate fuel cost based on mileage so you can budget accordingly.
- Helps you stay on course—Get detailed directions; use Microsoft Streets & Trips with GPS Locator to pinpoint your location in a second and guide you with spoken turn-by-turn directions.
Top of Page
Q. How do I create trip routes and itineraries?
A. Streets & Trips gives you lots of options for planning your trips. In addition to creating a route using the Find Places feature, you can create a custom route and travel schedule based on your personal itinerary and driving style.
For step-by-step instructions, read Create Custom Itineraries and Routes.
Q. Where can I find additional information about Streets & Trips and trip planning?
A. Following are some other Web sites you might find helpful when planning trips.
Q. Is there a free evaluation version of Streets & Trips?
A. Yes. Download or order the free 60-day evaluation copy of Streets & Trips from the trial page.
Q. How can I view additional locations that are important to RVers?
A. RV Directions is a premium collection of over 77,000 directory locations that are relevant to the active RV’er. It is an add-on product that will work on any PC that is equipped with Microsoft Streets & Trips. Learn More Here
Top of Page
Streets & Trips in MotorHome Magazine
If you travel frequently in your motorhome, you probably bring a laptop for convenience. Now you can take along a comprehensive mapping system that plugs into your computer and gives you GPS guidance, locations of restaurants, national parks, ATMs and more.
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009 — Standard ($39.95 ERP) and with GPS Locator ($69.95 ERP ) — combines the company’s travel and mapping software with a GPS receiver that plugs into a computer’s USB port. Streets & Trips is designed to help you find your location, calculate efficient routes of travel and search for nearby points of interest within a 50-mile radius. It also provides road construction information and creates alternate routes to bypass delays.
New to the Standard edition are updated maps for Canada and the U.S., and the ability to send location information to a mobile device; with the GPS Locator edition, you also get spoken street names and turn-by-turn directional information.
Article content provided courtesy of MotorHome Magazine.
Top of Page
Streets & Trips Blog
September 21 3:01 PM
In September the Streets & Trips team attended the 42nd Annual RV show in Hershey, PA. This was the first time the Streets & Trips team was able to demonstrate the 2010 release of their software.
Streets & Trips is a great tool for RV users.
It is easy to plan a personalized trip according to your individual travel style and preferences. For example most RV users like to customize their routes to stay on the major highways and limited access roads and avoid the smaller arterial roads when possible.
You can also search around your route or destination for money saving coupons to find deals on attractions, restaurants, accommodation and many other categories.
With its large on screen instructions and spoken street name audio directions it will help you from door to door while giving you a bigger picture of what lies ahead on the larger laptop screen.
The new version of Streets was quite a hit. Probably the feature that got people most excited was that Streets & Trips can now pass information to a Garmin device. RVers love that they can plan their perfect trip out using Streets & Trips and then pass their route information along to their Garmin for navigation along the way.