Surface standard warranty and Microsoft Complete for Surface
Your new Surface comes with a one-year limited hardware warranty and 90 days of technical support.
Surface Book, Surface Book with Performance Base, Surface Pro 4, Surface Pro 3, Surface 3, Surface Pro 2, Surface 2, Surface Pro.
In addition to the standard limited warranty, you may also have the option to purchase additional protection for your Surface. (Not available in all markets.)
This page describes the warranty and service options available for Surface.
Business customers: See Surface Support for business for more information about warranty, service, and extended service plans.
Standard limited warranty coverage
With the standard limited warranty you get:
- One year of warranty for hardware defects and malfunctions.
- 90 days of technical support for preinstalled software from the experts at the Microsoft Answer Desk for Surface.
With Microsoft Complete, you get:
- Two years of technical support from the Answer Desk.
- An additional year of limited warranty coverage.
- Accidental damage protection—even from drops and spills.*
*Deductible applies for accidental damage claims: limit two claims
Ongoing technical support
You can contact the Answer Desk with your questions even after your warranty runs out. (Fees may apply.)