The service will automatically try to process the list again in a few minutes. A separate event will be logged if the service fails to restore the volume list.
You should check the status of your backup application to see if it is still in progress and might have control of the registry key. If you still see this error after the backup or restore operation is complete, you may need to engage Customer Support Services (CSS) via http://support.microsoft.com.
Prior to engaging CSS, please collect the following information and have it ready for the support professional:
- Collect all DFS Replication debug logs from %Windows%\debug\DFSR*.
- Save the DFS Replication event viewer log.
- Use dfsrdiag.exe to dump DFS Replication configuration to a text file by using the following commands:
a. dfsrdiag dumpadcfg >DFSR_AD_CFG.txt
b. dfsrdiag DumpMachineCfg >DFSR_MACHINE_CFG.txt
- Note the service pack level of the server in question and whether any DFS Replication hotfixes are installed on it.
- Copy the contents of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DFSR\Restore.