Windows 7 users should take advantage of the built-in ClearType tuner found in the Windows Control Panel under Appearance and Personalization to tune their ClearType settings. Windows XP and Vista users can use the online ClearType Tuner,
or the ClearType PowerToy to activate and tune their ClearType settings via the Windows Control Panel.
- download - ClearType Tuner PowerToy
- location - http://download.microsoft.com
- file details - setup.exe – 2.47MB
- requirements - Windows XP
- installation - Select the download location. Choose 'Run' or save the file to a local drive and run it from there.
- use - Access the tuner from the Windows Control Panel.
Using the PowerToy tuner
To start the tuner, select Start and then Control Panel. If you are in Category View,
select Appearance and Themes, and then ClearType Tuning.
If you are in Classic View, just select ClearType Tuning.
Start the Wizard or select the Advanced tab.
Follow the steps and use the context sensitive help if needed.
Last updated 27 January 2010.