Redmond, WA. - 19 October 2000
A beta version of VOLT 1.1 has been posted on the VOLT community site
. VOLT is a tool for adding OpenType Layout tables to fonts.
This VOLT update includes the following new features and fixes.
- Profile window displays glyph names string with result glyphs itself
- Support multiple character codes for one glyph
- Surrogates supported as codepoints in cmap
- cmap service support
- cmap format field now understand "Format.version"
- VOLT asks to save changes before shipping font
- Recent files list
- Command line params support added
- Find Glyph dialog opens on Ctrl-F in glyph editor
- 'Enter' end 'ESC' in Find Glyph have standard dialog box behavior
- Glyph editor doesn't jump to move founded glyph to the top row
- Support for . and _ in glyph names
- Fixed: Several fatal errors when project not opened
- Fixed: Glyph editor refreshed after importing project
- eula.txt added to the setup directory
- Setup fix: Create program group
article posted 19 October 2000 and last updated 19 October 2000.