San Francisco, CA. - 22 December 2001
FontShop has announced TRIBE 02: HANDMADE.
The new issue of TRIBE has been posted to fontshop.com.
The latest issue of Max Kisman's webzine, "TRIBE 02: HANDMADE" asks: In the age of computers, do we still need our hands to make real hand-work?
Although the computer has taken over many routine and automated tasks, it seems that most of us still look at it as just a tool -- the instrument of choice for making graphic design in print, animation for television and information design on web sites. Even if it looks almost as if the virtual tools have taken over completely, we still use our hands.
This latest issue of TRIBE can be found at http://www.fontshop.com/tribe/, and features:
TRIBE 02: HANDMADE
- Views within the relative limitations of the M Square by Claudio Piccinini
- A new Tribe forum in Talkback where visitors can discuss graphic design and typography and share opinions
- Web sites in response to the September 11th attacks compiled by Max Bruinsma
- Individuals, projects and developments in Irian Jaya, Zimbabwe, France and South Africa
- Images and reports from the time zones in Timezone
- Essentials of local importance from different people in various locations
- Showcase of contemporary typeface design: 2Rebels, Montreal, Canada. An interview with founder Denis Dulude in the Republic of Type
- Reflections of a wise guy: Guru Ed Fella
article posted 26 December 2001 and last updated 26 December 2001.