Bromma, Sweden - 29 June 2001
Borware has just announced a release candidate version of FAIRY 2.0. FAIRY is a server based font embedding service for Web documents.
FAIRY 2.0 includes the following new features:
* Font plugin for Navigator 4.x on Macintosh (other versions will follow on both Mac and X Windows).
* Language and OpenType layout support optionally without hack encoding, making text on pages searchable.
* Support for localized text content on pages, making it possible to translate text efficiently within web documents.
* Support for server side scripts, such as ASP and PHP pages (E-Commerce specific feature).
* Produces smaller content. Processed font and page data are typically smaller than original documents.
* Much faster.
article posted 29 June 2001 and last updated 29 June 2001.