DevOps practices to integrate development and operations for continuous delivery.
Integrate with operations to finish strong.
Remove the barriers between development and operations to create a virtuous cycle for delivering business value.
Third-party products and solutions that integrate with Visual Studio 2012 are available to help your team integrate operations for continuous delivery of business value.
DevOps for continuous delivery
Integrate your development and operations teams throughout the application lifecycle to deliver continuous value and reduce the mean-time-to-repair (MTTR).
- Developing operations-ready software
- Lowering operations cycle times and costs
- Lowering mean-time-to-repair (MTTR)
- Defining and continuously testing operations acceptance criteria
Automating high-cycle time operational tasks
- Development and test lab management
- Application deployment
- Integrating development and operations incident management systems
- Providing actionable diagnostics in operations-managed environments
- Reduced cycles times in managing development and test lab environments
- Reduced cycle times in deploying applications to operations managed environments
- Reduced mean-time-to-repair (MTTR)
Featured success story
Providing software linkage between development and IT operations teams is known in the industry as DevOps and both eliminates walls between these two organizations and delivers more agility to the business. The DevOps linkage between System Center and Team Foundation Server enables deep troubleshooting and provides greater efficiency between development and IT operations teams at Xerox.
Enterprise DevOps entails full lifecycle ALM practices that span software development and operations to accelerate last mile velocity in delivering value with agility and quality. The practices promote and enable integrating the development and operations functions early in and throughout the application lifecycle to address last mile velocity impediments and shorten value delivery cycle times. From a development perspective, this extends agile practices to operations. In today’s world, this integration for delivering continuous value is crucial as it allows a natural way to implement a continuous feedback loop between the development and operations functions.