Get Started with Drupal and WebMatrix
Microsoft WebMatrix makes it easy for anyone to create a Drupal site. Acquia Drupal and Drupal Commerce from the Web Application Gallery are fully tested to run on WebMatrix and include our URL Rewrite module for “Clean URL’s”. Customize your site easily and then publish it on the internet from a wide choice of hosting service providers.
- WebMatrix makes creating a Drupal site easy. WebMatrix will download, install and configure the latest version of Acquia Drupal and Drupal Commerce for you automatically.
- WebMatrix provides everything you need including the web server, MySQL, and PHP. It also includes our URL Rewrite module for “Clean URL's” in Drupal and WinCache to ensure your Drupal site runs fast on Windows.
- By using the same stack on your development desktop that you’ll use on the server that hosts your clients’ site, the process of going live is painless and worry free.
- WebMatrix lets you customize your Drupal site. The lightweight editor supports HTML, CSS and ASP.NET and makes you more productive with features such as color coding and tag completion.
- WebMatrix provides editing capabilities for your SQL Server or MySQL database allowing you to modify your schema or edit data directly if needed.
- WebMatrix provides a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) report that crawls your local site and gives you specific feedback to ensure your site is easily indexed by all the major search engines.
- WebMatrix makes it easy to publish your site to a hosted server. WebMatrix supports the standard FTP and Secure FTP protocols as well as Microsoft’s WebDeploy protocol.
- WebDeploy makes publishing even easier by deploying your database with your site as well as smartly deploying only the files that have changed for any updates. WebDeploy can even synch your development machine with your live site.
- Best of all WebMatrix includes a Hosting Gallery with great offers for hosting on Windows. Get the best deals for hosting Drupal on Windows right inside WebMatrix itself.
New to Drupal?
Microsoft and the Drupal Community are teaming up to provide definitive and deep guidance on the installation, configuration and tuning of Drupal on the Microsoft Web Platform. Read more for detailed technical information for
installing Drupal on IIS
which will also include guidance on tuning Drupal for performance on Windows and IIS. You can also ask questions at the
Drupal on IIS Forum
New to PHP on Windows and IIS?
There is a wealth of information for learning more about running Drupal or any PHP-based website on the Microsoft Web Platform including features and information on FastCGI, WinCache, PHP Manager and running PHP applications in our cloud platform, Azure. Plus links to detailed articles for users who want to get the ultimate performance from their Drupal sites on Windows. Visit our PHP on Windows page to learn more.
Have questions on WebMatrix or need assistance?
If you have questions on running Drupal with WebMatrix or are having trouble visit the
and connect directly with the community of users using WebMatrix and the Microsoft engineers who created it. We’re always on and ready to help.
Drupal WebsiteSpark Partner
Interested in running Drupal on Windows? WebsiteSpark from Microsoft gives
software, support, and new leads to Web Developers and Designers. Through WebsiteSpark
Software and solutions: Multiple licenses are available for Microsoft development tools, Web platform technologies, server products, including: Visual Studio®, Expression®, SQL Server®, and Windows Server®.
A new business pipeline: Increase your visibility to customers with a profile in the Partner Catalog. Opt in to lead generating campaigns and connect with businesses that need web development and design services.
Training and support: Access Microsoft technical support professionals and receive offers and discounts from Network and Hosting Partners to help your company run more efficiently.
Become an Acquia Drupal & WebsiteSpark Network Partner
Microsoft and Acquia have teamed up to provide those looking to expand their business on Acquia Drupal with Microsoft even more opportunities to grow. The Acquia Partner program is designed to drive the success of their customers and increase the value they receive by selecting Acquia as the basis of their social publishing efforts. Learn more about the Acquia and Microsoft partnership.
Great Deals for Drupal Hosting
The Microsoft Web Hosting Gallery makes it easy to
find the best deals for Web Hosting on the Microsoft Web Platform. Compare and filter on price, location,
features, consumer ratings and more to find a package just right for your needs. Select from the wide variety
of packages available—from shared to virtual machines or dedicated servers; there is something for everyone
and an offer for every need.
The expansive network of Microsoft hosting services provider partners enables you to grow your business on
Drupal. The Microsoft Web Hosting Gallery’s “Spotlight Offer” feature also ensures that you will be
able to easily find the offers that are running the latest versions of Microsoft software.
Check out some of our great offers for Drupal users now.
Microsoft is working with the Drupal community to create beginner and advanced tutorials on running Drupal on the Microsoft Web Platform. Take a look at this growing list of tutorials to get great how-to information on making Drupal even better on Windows.
WebMatrix and Drupal: Build a site in 15 minutes