FastCGI module enables popular application frameworks like PHP be hosted on the
IIS web server. FastCGI provides high performance, rock solid stability for production
environments and simplified tuning and management for PHP applications on Windows.
- PHP process pool maximizes per process utilization
- Auto-tuning for PHP processes for optimal performance
- No more restarts for changes to php.ini
- Automatic recycling of PHP processes when php.ini changes
- Consistent features across IIS versions, write on XP and deploy to Windows Server 2008
- Single-threaded execution environment
- Use Non-Thread Safe PHP with IIS FastCGI
Accelerate with WinCache
Windows Cache Extension for PHP is a PHP accelerator that increases the speed of
PHP applications running on Windows and Windows Server. Add the Windows Cache Extension
for PHP into your php.ini and get immediate performance benefits with zero code
modifications. New features in WinCache 1.1 include Session Cache and User Cache with
an APC compatible API providing advanced performance benefits for your PHP
WinCache 1.1 Features:
- Support for PHP 5.2 and PHP 5.3
- Configurable PHP opcode cache
- Configurable file cache to reduce file system I/O overhead
- Relative file path cache to avoid redundant mapping for absolute paths
- Session cache with file system persistence in web farm environments
- User cache for variables and application data with an APC API
- PHP file notification support to flush and rehydrate opcode cache
- PHP functions to obtain information about the cache status
WinCache for PHP 5.2 (Web PI)
WinCache for PHP 5.3 (Web PI)
Easily Manage PHP on IIS 7
PHP Manager for IIS 7 is a open source extension for IIS Management
Console, that greatly simplifies the tasks of setting up, configuring
and managing one or more PHP versions on IIS server. Use it to register
PHP with IIS, run multiple PHP versions, get the information about PHP
runtime settings, add and modify php.ini directives and enable or
disable PHP extensions.
- Simple registration of many PHP versions with IIS
- An easy way of checking if PHP works correctly by geting the output of phpinfo() function
- Configuring the PHP error reproting settings for production or development environment
- Managing all php.ini directives and PHP extensions from within IIS manager
- Remote PHP administration via IIS Remote Administration Tool
- Works well with PHP installed via Web Platform Installer or PHP Windows Installer
PHP and Windows Azure
PHP also runs on Windows Azure, and Microsoft partnered with the community to build
tools and SDKs to make the life of PHP developers easier.
Windows Azure Storage for WordPress: This WordPress plugin allows
you to use Windows Azure Storage Service to host your media for your WordPress powered
blog. Windows Azure Storage is an effective way to scale storage of your site without
having to go through the expense of setting up the infrastructure for content delivery.
Windows Azure SDK for PHP: This SDK provides access to Windows
Azure Storage and Diagnostics from PHP
Windows Azure AppFabric SDK for PHP: This SDK provides access to
Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus and Access Control Service functionality from
Windows Azure Command-line Tools for PHP: This is a command-line
PHP app that creates a deployable package for Windows Azure Platform.
Windows Azure PHP Samples: Samples for using Windows Azure services
Discover. Install. Enjoy.
The Windows Web App Gallery provides simple streamline ways for users to explore,
discover, install and deploy PHP web applications, tested to run seamlessly on the
Microsoft Web Platform.
Check out a few of the more popular PHP web applications that have some great modules,
plug-ins and themes that the community has developed to take advantage of the Microsoft
WordPress: WordPress runs great on the Microsoft Web Platform.
Come get the one-click install and see some of the great WordPress Plug-ins being
developed by the community and by Microsoft too.
Acquia Drupal: Acquia Drupal runs great on the Microsoft Web Platform.
Come get the one-click install and see the preview of Drupal 7 with SQL Server,
modules being developed by the community and Microsoft and register for the WebsiteSpark
program to get access to no-cost software and support.
Joomla!: Joomla! is an award-winning content management system
(CMS) that enables you to build websites and powerful online applications. Many
aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla! the most
popular website software available.