How to Publish a Website from WebMatrix
This tutorial walks you through how to publish a website from WebMatrix.
Using WebMatrix to Publish a Website
1. In WebMatrix, open the site you want to publish by clicking My Sites.
2. Click the Publish button.
3. If this is the first time you have published, you will need to enter your remote site settings. If you are signed into Windows Azure, you will have the option to create a new website or select an existing one. Otherwise you can download the .publishsettings profile from your hosting provider's control panel, or enter the settings manually.
4. Click Yes to run the compatibility check. You can skip this check, but it is not recommended.
5. Review the compatibility results. If any of the items display a warning icon and say “Not Available”, you can click the hyperlink to learn more.
6. The publish preview shows you what files have changed and are being published. If you are using the Web Deploy protocol, you will also have the option to publish the database along with content. Click Continue to begin publishing.
7. Publishing progress will show in the notification bar. When it’s done, you will see a link to browse to the remote site.
If you’re running into difficulties with publishing, read our troubleshooting guide.