Microsoft Gift Terms and Conditions (digital goods)
- Purchasing a Gift. You will be charged immediately upon purchase of the Gift at the price indicated when you complete your purchase. Microsoft does not offer price matching should the price change in the future. You must designate a single Gift recipient using the individual’s email address. Once you have completed the purchase, an email will be sent to the Gift recipient containing a code ("Code") to redeem the Gift. Unless you select a different delivery date, the email will be sent to the recipient immediately following purchase. If available, you can schedule delivery of the Gift email up to one year following the purchase date. Gifts can only be purchased and redeemed by users in the same country/region and only at Participating Stores.
- Redeeming a Gift. To redeem your Gift, the recipient must have a valid Microsoft account (or create a new Microsoft account). Anyone with access to the Gift email can use the Code to redeem the Gift and Microsoft does not control whether the recipient elects to redeem the Gift or pass it along to others. Codes are single use and may only be redeemed once. Some Gifts expire and must be used by the Gift recipient within the indicated period. Microsoft is not responsible if the Gift Code is lost, stolen, misplaced or used without your permission or if the Gift expires before it is redeemed or used. The recipient’s ability to redeem and use a Gift may require certain hardware or software specifications, including Internet access service (connect time charges may apply). Gifts may contain additional terms that you or the recipient are required to accept before the recipient can use the Gift. Gifted content is for personal and lawful use only.
- Minors. Gifts to minors are subject to age restrictions for digital goods ("Digital Goods") in Participating Stores, as well as Microsoft family safety settings. These restrictions prevent minors from accessing Gifts that are not approved for their age. You can learn more about family safety requirements at https://account.microsoft.com/family/about.
- Returns and Refunds. Gifts may be cancelled and refunded to the Gift purchaser up to 14 days after the purchase or until redeemed by the Gift recipient, whichever occurs first. Gift recipients are not entitled to a refund or cooling off period and you acknowledge that no refund will be made, except as required by law.
- Eligible Content. Gifting is available for select Digital Goods available in our Participating Stores. If available, Gifted subscriptions for Digital Goods are only valid for the subscription period specified at purchase. At the expiration of the subscription period, the Gift recipient will have the opportunity to pay to continue the subscription at the price offered at that time in Participating Stores. If the recipient elects not to continue the subscription, the recipient’s subscription will terminate.
- Customer service. For any questions or disputes regarding purchasing or redeeming a Gift, or access and use of Microsoft account, please contact Microsoft Customer Support.
- Suspension; Termination; Non-Redeemable for Cash. If you violate the terms of this Agreement, we may take any action against you that we deem appropriate, including suspending or terminating your ability to purchase or redeem Gifts, purchase goods from our stores (including Participating Stores) or access your Microsoft account. When you purchase a Gift, you are purchasing the applicable product or service. Gifts and Codes are not redeemable for cash or eligible for resale and are void where prohibited.