Surface Plus with Klarna Financing (the “Surface Plus Program”) Terms and Conditions Updated:
Surface Plus Program
Thank you for your interest in the Surface Plus Program. The Surface Plus Program is designed exclusively for individual consumer customers located in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico). Surface Plus is a financing program, with financing provided by Klarna Inc., that includes access to standard Microsoft retail store support. Microsoft has decided to end new enrollments into the Surface Plus Program starting August 31, 2018. Please see the FAQs for more details. If you are an existing Surface Plus customer and purchased a product as part of the Surface Plus Program prior to August 31, 2018, the following terms and conditions apply to your purchase:
- Surface Plus Program Benefits
- Microsoft Complete Extended Service Plan. If you added Microsoft Complete to your Surface Plus Program membership, please be advised that your Complete plan will not transfer to your new device. If you wish to protect your investment, then you must add a new Complete plan to your new device. For more information, please see the Microsoft Complete for Surface details page.
- Standard Hardware Warranty. All Microsoft hardware products, including those you selected as part of your purchase with the Surface Plus Program, come with our standard, limited hardware warranty.
If you have questions about your existing Surface Plus Program membership or warranties, please contact us at 1-844-834-8667 to speak directly with our customer service team. If you have any questions about your existing Klarna account, see the Klarna Customer Agreement for details or speak with a Klarna customer service team directly at 1-844-4KLARNA.
Program Overview and Terms
- Financing with Klarna Support. Your existing financing plan with Klarna remains unchanged. All financing support is handled by Klarna. Microsoft is not extending credit and does not determine credit terms or eligibility. See the Klarna Customer Agreement.
- Upgrade Eligibility. Although we are ending new enrollments for Surface Plus with Klarna Financing, Microsoft will continue to honor eligible upgrade requests pursuant to the terms below.
- Eligibility Requirements. You must meet all of the following eligibility requirements in order to exercise the option to upgrade:
- You must be able to confirm the personal identity of the Surface Plus customer is associated with your device serial number to ensure credit can be applied to the proper Klarna account.
- You must have made at least 18 monthly payments on your 24-month equal payment plan, and 18 months must have transpired on your plan.
- You must return your original device to Microsoft in good working order (meeting the condition requirements set forth below) within 15 days of the date of your new Surface All Access device purchase.
PLEASE NOTE: You should ONLY return your device and the power supply unit (charging cable). You should NOT return any accessories (e.g., Surface Type Cover, Docking Station, Pen, Mouse, etc.), or any optional components purchased with the original device. If you send your accessories with your device to CExchange, your accessories WILL NOT be returned to you and will be recycled in accordance with Responsible Recycling standards.
- You must exercise your upgrade option, using the upgrade process below, prior to the expiration of your 24-month equal payment plan under your WebBank Klarna Credit Account. You must agree to enter into a new Surface All Access financing plan with a Microsoft-approved financing partner. Financing is subject to approval by such partner and will be provided in accordance with such partner’s applicable credit terms and conditions.
- Upgrade Process. To exercise your upgrade option, you must first request an upgrade (subject to the upgrade eligibility requirements above and device availability) by contacting a Surface Plus Upgrade customer service representative at 866-690-5960.
If you meet the upgrade eligibility requirements above, you must return your original device to Microsoft within the allotted time. You should NOT return any accessories (e.g., Surface Type Cover, Docking Station, Pen, Mouse), or any optional components purchased with the original device.
Returned devices must meet the following condition requirements to be deemed to be in “good working order:”
- The power supply unit (charging cable) must be included;
- The screen must not have any cracks;
- The cursor must respond normally to touch on the display;
- The housing must be completely intact without cracks or missing parts, and cannot have any etchings or asset tags;
- The device must power on and boot all of the way to the Windows desktop;
- The power button must toggle the display, and the volume button must cause the volume indicator to appear;
- The device must support normal operation without being connected to a charger; and
- For Surface Pro devices, the kick stand must open and stay firmly in place.
Once program eligibility and your device condition are confirmed, you will select your new device and enroll in Surface All Access, Microsoft’s successor to the Surface Plus program, powered by Dell Financial Services. After enrolling in Surface All Access, you will have the opportunity to transfer data from one device to another prior to turning in your old device. Microsoft Store retail locations offers data transfer services for your convenience, but the use of these services is not mandatory and fees may apply.
If you choose to leave the Microsoft Store location with the old and new devices (to transfer data), you must return your old device to a Microsoft Store retail location or ship the device to CExchange, Microsoft’s supplier for device turn-ins, using a CExchange-provided shipping label, free of charge. In either case you will have 15 days from the date of purchase of your new Surface All Access device to return your old Surface Plus device. If you do not return your device within the allotted time, you will continue to be responsible for monthly payments as they become due under the credit agreement with Klarna.
If you return the device within the allotted time and Microsoft determines that the device has been returned in good working order as required, then Microsoft will instruct Klarna to issue a credit to your Klarna account in an amount equal to the remaining monthly payments due under your original 24-month equal payment plan with Klarna (up to a maximum of six (6) months of any outstanding monthly payments).
If your old Surface Plus device is determined not to be in good working order, as required, it may be returned to you, and you will be responsible for any remaining payment obligations for the device (and any remaining payments for any accessories and warranty, if applicable) under the terms of your credit agreement with Klarna.
If you opt to keep the old Surface Plus device and finance a new device through Surface All Access, you will continue to be responsible for monthly payments and applicable terms under each of the credit agreements with (i) Klarna for the old Surface Plus device (and any accessories and Complete plan, if applicable); and (ii) the new Microsoft-approved financing partner, if any, for the new Surface All Access device, respectively, until each of the outstanding balances are paid in full.
- Returns and Cancellations. Returns and cancellations for all old Surface Plus devices purchased prior to August 31, 2018 are subject to Microsoft Store’s standard thirty (30) day return policy, unless the device has been physically altered or damaged. All original components must be included with the device return. In the event of a cancellation where a customer does not return the original device and all original components within the 30-day window, such customer will be treated as declining to upgrade under the Surface Plus Program terms and will continue to be billed remaining equal planned payments for the original purchase by Klarna. Orders submitted online may be cancelled within 24 hours of order submission, after which the product must be returned under the standard thirty (30) day return policy.
- Offers, Exclusions, and Limitations Microsoft Surface Plus Program benefits are not valid on prior orders or purchases, and cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or coupon code. Offers, promotions, and discounts that Microsoft Stores makes available on purchases of products outside of the Surface Plus Program may not be available or may not be combined with offers available on products that Microsoft Stores makes available for purchase through the Surface Plus Program.
- Pricing and Price Reductions/Corrections If after an order has been placed, Microsoft considers that a pricing error has been made, Microsoft reserves the right to cancel the order. Customers will be fully refunded if the customer has paid for the order. The Microsoft Store reserves the right at any time after receiving your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. If Microsoft cancels an order after you have already been billed, Microsoft will refund the billed amount.
- No purchase for resale The Microsoft Surface Plus Program sells and ships products to individual end-user consumer customers only. You may not purchase products from Microsoft for resale, and we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if we suspect resale activity.
- Governance In the event of a conflict between Microsoft Terms of Sale and these Microsoft Surface Plus Terms and Conditions, the Microsoft Surface Plus Terms and Conditions will govern.
 This information is provided for promotional purposes only and does not represent a commitment to finance. Surface Plus Program Terms subject to change.
 Deductible applies for accidental damage claims; limit two claims.