This program is an On-Screen Display or a Heads-Up Display for keys. It displays every key or mouse button press at a clearly visible text size. It is meant to aid desktop computer usage. It is especially useful while chatting or for occasional typing. You can see the text easier without needing to adjust system fonts, scaling or use zooming software. KeyPress OSD also does text expansion / auto complete so "brb" will expand into "be right back" or "ty" into "thank you". The text expansion is the fastest to use in the industry and very powerful. This application can also be used for screen casts or presentations, by disabling the KeyPress OSD typing mode at Preferences. Quick Start Presets are available to help you get started easily. Numerous unique features, options and settings are available in the different settings windows provided in the program, such that everyone can find a way to adapt it to personal needs and adjust it to fit your style. The typing mode has full-support for Cyrillic, Greek and Latin [extended] alphabets and almost any language based on abugida scripts: Bengali, Devanagari, Telugu, Tamil, and so on... It also sports partial support for Right-to-Left [RTL] keyboard layouts, such as Arabic. For these, caret navigation is disabled. Video presentation: https://youtu.be/LKvhqTeb9sg Official homepage: https://keypressosd.com/
What's new in this version
v4.63.5 (2019-05-07) - removed option to not have KeyPress OSD detect the current keyboard layout at start - when the user types, automatic keyboard layout detection will occur even if the option to constantly monitor keyboard layouts is deactivated; exception to this is when KeyPress OSD runs in safe mode - [bug fixes] dead keys support; to this end I implemented a system to cache keyboard key names [one can deactivate it at the «Advanced settings» panel, not recommended] - updated all the toolbar icons to look better - updated FAQs help page - other fixes and improvements v4.63.0 (2019-04-19) - [new] option to have the keystrokes name displayied in French, German, Spanish or Russian language - [new] welcome screen, on first-time start of KeyPress OSD, to facilitate the usage for new users - improved behavior when the trial period expired and limited settings options once it has expired - small fixes v4.62.5 (2019-04-14) - [new] option to have the window behind the OSD blurred with Windows 10 acryllic glass effect; option available in the Advanced settings panel - various bug fixes and improvements to usability - the toolbar icons are now readable by screen readers v4.62.2 (2019-04-11) - improvements to how the application initializes; the modules are initialized selectively based on the user's preferences; the toolbar icons are also cached once loaded
- Support for at least 200 keyboard layouts. It recognizes key names with Shift, AltGr, and dead keys for each of these layouts. Full support for Cyrillic, Greek, Devanagari, Bengali, Tamil and more.
- Automatic detection of keyboard layouts.
- Typing mode. It shows what you are typing in an expanding text area.
- Virtual caret/cursor navigation. Navigate through typed text in the OSD in synch with the text field of the host app. Basic support for text selections, copy, paste, cut and undo with Ctrl+A/Z/X/C/V.
- Customizable automatic text expansion, e.g, 'btw' expands to 'by the way', or 'bbl' to 'be back later'.
- Multi-Clipboard aka Clipboard History. You can easily retrieve previous clipboard contents and text typed in the OSD.
- KeyPress Beepers. Distinct beeps for different types of keys and buttons or when typing with Capslock.
- Mouse keys. Easily move the mouse cursor with the numpad keys. This is one of the most advanced implementations for this kind of feature, with unique capabilities.
- Toolbar for enhanced touch screens support.
- Indicators for Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock states.
- Customizable visual mouse clicks and mouse halo to indicate its location, and flash mouse cursor after idling.
- Easy to configure with many options in Settings windows to toggle features and customize behavior and look.
- Customizable OSD size, position, font, colors and behavior.
- Mouse Spotlight - have the entire screen dark except for an area around the mouse cursor.
- Full multi-monitor support.
- Advanced super fast text expansion. Dynamic snippets, variables and parameters.
- Display a list of previously pressed keys, useful for video tutorials.