Release 220.127.116.11 MECS is a Mariner's Electronic Chart System that uses offline GoogleMaps satellite images and publically available tile-set nautical charts. The App plots your vessel's location from GPS receiver data and plots other vessel locations from AIS receiver data. The GPS and AIS use the NMEA-180 format each receiver provides to the App via the USB ports. The App is suitable for Desktop and laptop computers and is provided free as an aid to navigation.
What's new in this version
Release 3,1,0,0 1-Extensively revised the tile downloading methods. 2-Added the "Highlight" check box to the track settings form. 3-Revised the "[A]" alarms button and indicator on the command bar. 4-Added the "At anchor" check box to the track settings form. If checked and if the anchor alarm is enabled, the App will draw the vessel's at anchor temporary track. 5-Added the "Clear" button to the track settings form. 6-Updated the Alarms and Anchor Alarm form help topics. Reference: "http://www.djm.clubcruceros.net/MECS/MECS.html"
- GoogleMaps satellite image download and offline viewing.
- Tile-set nautical chart download and offline viewing.
- Semi-transparent nautical chart overlay of satellite images.
- Your vessel's location plotted from GPS input data.
- Other vessel locations plotted from AIS input data.
- Image pan and zoom with 21-levels of 2x magnification.
- Pan and zoom via a jump to location list.
- Waypoint plotting and list editing.
- Trip planning route creation
- Graphic vessel track and text trip log.
- Man-overboard marker and tracker.
Published byDJM Questor Software
CopyrightDJM Questor Software
Developed byDavid of DJM Questor Software - a not for profit entity.
Approximate size36.09 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
CategoryNavigation & maps
This app canUse your location
Access your Internet connection
Use data stored on an external storage device