Experience the events that led to The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep and The Mage’s Tale! The Bard's Tale Trilogy is a remastering of the classic 1980s series, one of the godfathers of the RPG genre. Create an adventuring party in the first volume and play it across all three, creating a heroic story all your own! The Bard’s Tale Trilogy contains remastered versions of all three classic games: The Bard's Tale: Tales of the Unknown, The Bard’s Tale II: The Destiny Knight, and The Bard’s Tale III: Thief of Fate! Rescue a city trapped by a wizard, reforge the legendary Destiny Wand, and travel across time and space to confront a Mad God! Enjoy a uniform playing experience across all three titles without the need for emulation or compatibility concerns. For the first time, play as male or female across all three games! Also includes other quality of life changes such as automapping for all three games, spell access, and updated equipment/inventory management. Go old school with Legacy Mode, a suite of features which allows veteran players to experience the games similarly to how they first played them "back in the day". The Bard's Tale Trilogy is a chance for old fans to be young once again and for a new generation of roleplaying and dungeon crawler fans to discover why these games matter so much all these years later. Pick up the game and start your epic adventure today!
What's new in this version
Version 1.0.4177.0 Patch Notes - Added translations for group heal "cure insanity" temple message. - Fixed Polish translation bug that was blocking progression. - Fixed issue where "dispossess" was also healing the player. - Corrected spelling of 'Phillipi' to 'Philippi'. - Fixed the corners of the Dark Domain level 2 dungeon so you can cleanly map out the PASS letters. - Added a songs remaining tooltip to songs. Made the songs list red if no songs remaining. Hid songs remaining if you have unlimited songs.
- - All three games (Tales of the Unknown, The Destiny Knight, Thief of Fate) are included in the package.
- - Remastered graphics for HD resolutions makes a classic series look better than it ever has before.
- - Quality of life features such as automapping and saving anywhere make the game accessible right away.
- - Legacy Mode introduces a suite of options that allow you to create the same challenging 1980’s gameplay experience.
- - Optimized gameplay created from existing source code, in some cases fixing bugs over thirty years old!
- - Create your party in the first game and import it across all three games for one epic narrative.
- - In-game manual and bestiary bring all of the trilogy’s systems and lore to your fingertips.
- - For the first time, play as male or female in all three games.
- - Now featuring Xbox Controller support.
- - Featuring crossplay between Windows and Xbox.
Published byinXile entertainment, Inc.
CopyrightinXile entertainment, Inc. 2019
Developed byKrome Studios
Approximate size1.4 GB
Age ratingFor ages 16 and up
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Access your Internet connection
Cannot be installed on a Windows 10 device in S-mode
InstallationInstall on a Windows 10 PC plus have access when you’re connected to your Microsoft account. Administrator approval required for installation
Language supportedDeutsch (Deutschland)
English (United States)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)
Additional termsXbox Live code of conduct
Terms of transaction
The Bard's Tale Trilogy license terms
© 2019 inXile entertainment. All rights reserved. The Bard's Tale is a trademark or registered trademark of inXile entertainment in certain countries, and is a trademark or registered trademark of Electronic Arts Inc. in certain other countries where it is used under license. inXile entertainment, Inc, and the inXile logo are trademarks of inXile entertainment.