- 28 February 2007Published:
- English, RussianLanguages:
- Information workersAudiences:
- Microsoft Office Word 2007Technology:
- MOSCredit towards certification:
MOS: Using Microsoft Office Word 2007
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area in the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area in the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification Program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration, or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Center.
- Create and customise documents (25–30%)
- Create and format documents, lay out documents, make documents and content easier to find, personalise Office Word 2007
- Formatting content (25–30%)
- Format text and paragraphs, manipulate text, control pagination
- Work with visual content (10–15%)
- Insert illustrations, format illustrations, format text graphically, insert and modify text boxes
- Organise content (15–20%)
- Structure content by using Quick Parts, use tables and lists to organise content, modify tables, insert and format references and captions, merge documents and data sources
- Review documents (10–15%)
- Navigate documents; compare and merge document versions; manage tracked changes; insert, modify and delete comments
- Share and secure content (5–10%)
- Prepare documents for sharing, control document access, attach digital signatures
- Instructor-led training
- 50044A: Preparing for the Microsoft Certified Application Specialist Exam in Microsoft Office Word 2007 (one day)
- From the community
- Follow @MSLearning
Microsoft Office Word 2007 Step by Step
Published: January 2007
The smart way to learn Microsoft Office Word 2007—one step at a time!
Experience learning made easy, and quickly teach yourself how to create impressive documents with Word 2007. With Step By Step, you set the pace, building and practising the skills you need, just when you need them!
Who should take this exam?
Candidates for this exam should have the equivalent of six months to one year of hands-on experience creating business deliverables with Microsoft Office Word 2007 and might have experience with previous versions of Office Word. These candidates are especially strong in creating, customising and organising documents by using formatting and visual content that is appropriate for the information presented. They are also strong in reviewing, sharing and securing content.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarise yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.