When you strap on the VR headset, get ready to head underwater because this unit is in our underwater research lab. If you’re going to learn about genetics, why not do it in the underwater lab? But just because you’re underwater, it doesn’t mean you cannot take a side trip to an ancient library that holds the secrets to your genetics and chromosomes. Each of the ancient manuscripts will tell you what each of your 23 chromosomes does and beware the floating head and the hovering eyeballs. The story of Gregor Mendel is an important one and in our VR world, it’s told in a comic book. Enter the candle lit room, turn on the radio (choose your favorite classical station) and open the comic to learn about how Mendel discovered genetic traits. Take a field trip to a vineyard where we learn about the genetic traits of grapes, of all things. And Wendy the Science Teacher, shows us the mysteries hiding within our chromosomes when we take a genetic test. Then take a journey through a special museum where you can travel around the cylindrical building seeing lifesize human cells and seeing the almost magical science of cells come to life right in front of your eyes. What’s even more cool is that you control your own travel. When you’re done with one exhibit, you can magically teleport to the next location. Here’s the thing, it’s important to learn science (in fact, very important) but it doesn’t have to be boring or intimidating. In our virtual world, science comes to life and becomes amazing and immersive. Suddenly science is fun and cool and that’s what you want. Oh, for teachers, the entire unit is based on Next Gen Science Standards.
What’s new in this version
Edits to the comic and other minor changes..
- If you’re going to learn about genetics, do it immersed in our virtual world.
- This unit occurs in our underwater research lab.
- Take a side trip to the ancient library and open magical books that hold the mysteries of our chromosomes.
- Wendy, the Science Teacher teaches us about genetic tests and how we can learn the mysteries contained within our own genes and chromosomes.
- Read a comic book about Gregor Mendel and learn how genetic traits were discovered by raising flowers.
- Take a journey in a special museum where you control your teleporting as you visit amazing lifesize experiences all based on cellular division.
- All experiences are based on the Next Gen Science Standards
Approximate size1.51 GB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
CategoryEducation > Study guides
This app canAccess your Internet connection
Access your Internet connection and act as a server.