Release 22.214.171.124 MECS is a Mariner's Electronic Chart System that uses offline GoogleMaps satellite images and publically available tile-set nautical charts. The App plots your vessel's location from GPS receiver data and plots other vessel locations from AIS receiver data. The GPS and AIS use the NMEA-180 format each receiver provides to the App via the USB ports. The App is suitable for Desktop and laptop computers and is provided free as an aid to navigation.
What’s new in this version
Release 4,0,1,0 1- Fixed the MECS startup false anchor alarm that occurred because the GPS input was not yet available. 2 - Fixed the display of the command bar information [I] button. If not enabled, the [I] button will not appear in the command bar. 3 - When the anchor alarm is enabled, MECS will disable the CPA alarm. 4 - When the CPA alarm is enabled, MECS will disable the anchor alarm. 5 - Fixed a GPS connection problem that required a restart to fix. 6 - Fixed the plot option check boxes that required am manual plot refresh. Reference: "http://www.djm.clubcruceros.net/MECS/MECS.html"
- GoogleMaps satellite image download and offline viewing.
- Tile-set nautical chart download and offline viewing.
- Semi-transparent nautical chart overlay of satellite images.
- Your vessel's location plotted from GPS input data.
- Other vessel locations plotted from AIS input data.
- Image pan and zoom with 21-levels of 2x magnification.
- Pan and zoom via a jump to location list.
- Waypoint plotting and list editing.
- Trip planning route creation
- Graphic vessel track and text trip log.
- Man-overboard marker and tracker.
Published byDJM Questor Software
CopyrightDJM Questor Software
Developed byDavid of DJM Questor Software - a not for profit entity.
Approximate size36.14 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
CategoryNavigation & maps
This app canUse your location
Access your Internet connection
Use data stored on an external storage device