The globally recognized standard for IT professionals
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure certification validates that you have the skills needed to run a highly efficient and modern data center, with expertise in identity management, systems management, virtualization, storage, and networking.
Earning an MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification will qualify you for such jobs as computer support specialist and information security analyst.
Heard about the coming Windows Server 2012 R2 updates? Read the FAQs to find out how we are updating our certifications.
|Step||Title||Optional training||Required exam||Certification earned|
|1||Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012||Take course 410||Take exam 410|
|2||Administering Windows Server 2012||Take course 411||Take exam 411|
|3||Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services||Take course 412||Take exam 412|
|4||Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure||Take course 413||Take exam 413|
|5||Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure||Take course 414||Take exam 414|
- Additional Options
You can substitute Exam 346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements, Exam 409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center, or Exam 462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases, for Exam 412.
- How to upgrade to the MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification
You can upgrade these certifications to the MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification.
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Lync Server Administrator 2010
- MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
Step Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned 1 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 Take course 417 Take exam 417 2 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure Take course 413 Take exam 413 3 Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure Take course 414 Take exam 414
- How to recertify the MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification
If you currently hold the MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification, and are approaching your three-year recertification date, you can recertify by taking this exam.
Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned Recertification for MCSE: Server Infrastructure Not available Take exam 980
- Take the online course: Windows Server 2012 Training: Technical Overview
- Read an e-book: Introducing Windows Server 2012
- Watch the Jump Start for Windows Server 2012
- Try Windows Server 2012
- Buy the book: "Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2"
- Buy the book: "Exam Ref 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure"
- Buy the book: "Exam Ref 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure"
- Buy the book: "Training Guide: Administering Windows Server 2012 R2"
- Find a Microsoft Official Practice Test