The globally recognized standard for IT professionals
Prove your expertise in managing and implementing Microsoft private cloud computing technologies. With Windows Server and System Center, you will build your Microsoft private cloud solution to optimize IT service delivery and gain the automation and flexibility you need for your IT infrastructure, now and in the future.
Earning an MCSE: Private Cloud certification will qualify you for such jobs as server administrator, systems programmer, and network manager.
Heard about the coming Windows Server 2012 R2 updates? Read the FAQs to find out how we are updating our certifications.
|Step||Title||Optional training||Required exam||Certification earned|
|1||Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012||Take course 410||Take exam 410|
|2||Administering Windows Server 2012||Take course 411||Take exam 411|
|3||Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services||Take course 412||Take exam 412|
|4||Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud||Take course 246||Take exam 246|
|5||Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud||Take course 247||Take exam 247|
If you didn’t earn your MCSE: Private Cloud certification prior to February 1, 2013, Exam 659 won’t count as credit toward this certification.
If you’re already certified as a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator or MCITP: Server Administrator, you only need to complete steps 4 and 5 above to earn your certification in Private Cloud computing.
- Additional options
You can substitute Exam 346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements, Exam 409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center, or Exam 462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases, for Exam 412.
- How to earn your Windows Server 2008 MCSE: Private Cloud certification
Step Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned 1 Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring Take course 6425
Take course 6426
Take exam 640 2 Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring Take course 6421 Take exam 642 3 Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator Take course 6433 Take exam 646 4 Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud Take course 246 Take exam 246 5 Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud Take course 247 Take exam 247
- How to upgrade to the Windows Server 2012 MCSE: Private Cloud certification
You can upgrade the following five certifications to the MCSE: Private Cloud certification with a three-step process.
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Lync Server Administrator 2010
- MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
Step Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned 1 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 Take course 417 Take exam 417 2 Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud Take course 246 Take exam 246 3 Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud Take course 247 Take exam 247
You can upgrade the following three certifications to the MCSE: Private Cloud certification with a two-step process.
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
Step Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned 1 Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud Take course 246 Take exam 246 2 Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud Take course 247 Take exam 247
- How to recertify the MCSE: Private Cloud certification
If you currently hold the MCSE: Private Cloud certification, and are approaching your three-year recertification date, you can recertify by taking this exam.
Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned Recertification for MCSE: Private Cloud Not available Take exam 981
According to IDC research, there is no area of the IT organization that will be unaffected by a transition to cloud computing, and cloud-related skills represent virtually all of the IT growth opportunities worldwide through 2015. Read the IDC white paper, Climate Change: Cloud's Impact on IT Organizations and Staffing.
- Sign up to receive occasional email messages about Microsoft Certifications
- Watch the Jump Start "Creating and Managing a Private Cloud on System Center 2012"
- Learn more about Microsoft’s private cloud strategy
- Review your options for training on the cloud
- Try Microsoft private cloud
- Try System Center 2012 software
- Find a Microsoft Official Practice Test