Amplify, digitize, and record--that’s what these Very Long Base Array (VLBA) telescopes do. See this rare equipment at work--1 of only 10 spanning the U.S., these scopes improve our view of the universe. Beware of ogling ogres! You need to roll boulders down the hill to to beat them back. Correct responses to questions based on unit content will prevent the ogres from attacking. A scientist and an actress who made a real-life daring escape, this mini-bio of Hedy Lamarr reads like a movie script. Learn about her contributions to radio transmission and frequency technologies still in use today in the world’s first virtual comic book. Ever wonder which waves you can see versus the ones you can hear? See the characteristics of compressional and transverse waves as you gain a better understanding of their different purposes and types. Learn how and why your technology functions the way it does: phones, televisions, and more. Distinguish between digital and analog signals and become a pro at bandwidth. As always, VictoryVR curriculum is stimulating and fun! Better yet, it’s rooted in the Next Gen Science Standards so it is directly linked with science teachings in today’s classrooms.
- Check out this unique telescope and learn how its function improves our view of the world.
- Use boulders to defeat oncoming ogres by answering science questions correctly in this heart-racing interactive game.
- A mini-biography of Hedy Lamarr and her contributions to wave signals and their transmission are revealed in this virtual comic book.
- Wave types and terms (frequency, amplitude, wavelength) are graphically reviewed in this piece.
- Learn about wave mediums and types with Wendy Martin, national award winning science teacher.
- All lessons are based on Next Gen Science Standards.
- All units are related to the concept of wave types and frequencies.
- See all of our VictoryVR units spanning 48 units of science.
Approximate size3.2 GB
Age ratingFor all ages
CategoryEducation > Study guides
This app canAccess your Internet connection
Access your Internet connection and act as a server.