Tour the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse in North Carolina while learning it’s function and other fun facts about this historic landmark. Uncover the mystery of shadows while understanding the Bortle Scale and where your city ranks on it. Complete this interactive 360-degree cylindrical word search as you seek out vocabulary and other key terms used throughout the unit. All words are based on Earth and space science concepts. What does gravitational pull have to do with planets and stars? And what exactly is a comet? Turn the pages of this world’s first-ever virtual comic book as learn these facts and more through the mini-biographies of Brahe and Kepler. Stars are always shining--even in during the day. Find out more about these glittering gems, as well as the constellations they comprise. Shadow length and direction are also explained. Sun, shadows, and constellations--the seasons play a significant role in what appears in the night sky. Take a seat in this observatory as you hear about these celestial figures and how they earned their famous namesakes. As always, VictoryVR curriculum is stimulating and fun! Better yet, it’s rooted in the Next Gen Science Standards so it is directly linked with science teachings in today’s classrooms.
- Visit the towering Cape Hatteras Lighthouse on the NC coast as you learn about its history and purpose.
- Scour this interactive word puzzle to find all 20 key terms related to light and shadow.
- A mini-biography of Tycho Brahe & Johannes Kepler and their contributions to modern astronomy are showcased in this virtual comic book..
- Expand your knowledge of constellations and know why the seasons influence their appearance.
- Learn about constellations and how they earned their names with Wendy Martin, national award-winning science teacher.
- All lessons are based on Next Gen Science Standards.
- All units are related to light and shadow.
- See all of our VictoryVR units spanning 48 units of science.
Approximate size2.76 GB
Age ratingFor all ages
CategoryEducation > Study guides
This app canAccess your Internet connection
Access your Internet connection and act as a server.