Thorium Reader is an easy to use EPUB reading application for Windows 10/10S, MacOS and Linux. After importing e-books from a directory or OPDS feed, you'll be able to read on any screen size, customize layout settings, navigate via the table of contents or page list, set bookmarks ... A great care is taken to ensure the accessibility of the application for visual impaired people using NVDA, JAWS or Narrator. Free application. No ads. No private data flowing anywhere. This project is in constant evolution, corrections and new features will be added soon and your support is welcome for that. The application is based on the open-source Readium Desktop toolkit. It is currently localized in three languages: English, French and German. More languages will come soon.
What’s new in this version
Management of the LCP DRM, including library lending from OPDS feeds. Better OPDS support, including Authentication for OPDS. Better screen reader support (Jaws, NVDA). Better handling of MathML
- EPUB 3 compliant (fixed layout, audio, video, animation, interactivity).
- Customizable layout settings
- Lets you categorize ebooks by applying personal tags.
- Readium LCP compliant.
- Allows access to online book catalogs (Feedbooks, Gutenberg ...).
- Full keyboard navigation.
- Vision impaired: NVDA and Narrator compliant.
- handling of MathML
- OPDS support, including Authentication for OPDS.
- Management of the LCP DRM, including library lending from OPDS feeds.