The globally recognised standard for IT professionals
Prove your expertise in managing and implementing Microsoft private cloud computing technologies. With Windows Server and System Center, you will build your Microsoft private cloud solution to optimise IT service delivery and gain the automation and flexibility you need for your IT infrastructure, now and in the future.
Earning an MCSE: Private Cloud certification will qualify you for such jobs as server administrator, systems programmer and network manager.
Heard about the coming Windows Server 2012 R2 updates? Read the FAQs to find out how we are updating our certifications.
|Step||Title||Optional training||Required exam||Certification earned|
|1||Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012||410||410|
|2||Administering Windows Server 2012||411||411|
|3||Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services||412||412|
|4||Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012||246||246|
|5||Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012||247||247|
If you didn’t earn your MCSE: Private Cloud certification prior to 1 February 2013, Exam 659 won’t count as credit toward this certification.
If you’re already certified as a Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator or MCITP: Server Administrator, you only need to complete steps 4 and 5 above to earn your Private Cloud certification.
- Additional options
You can substitute Exam 346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements, Exam 409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center or Exam 462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases, for Exam 412.
- How to earn your Windows Server 2008 MCSE: Private Cloud certification
Step Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned 1 Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring 6425
640 2 Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring 6421 642 3 Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator 6433 646 4 Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 246 246 5 Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 247 247
- How to upgrade to the Windows Server 2012 MCSE: Private Cloud certification
You can upgrade these certifications to the MCSE: Private Cloud certification.
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Lync Server Administrator 2010
- MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
Step Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned 1 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 417 417 2 Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 246 246 3 Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 247 247
- How to recertify the MCSE: Private Cloud certification
If you currently hold the MCSE: Private Cloud certification, and are approaching your three-year recertification date, you can recertify by taking this exam.
Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned Recertification for MCSE: Private Cloud Not available 981
According to IDC research, there is no area of the IT organisation that will be unaffected by a transition to cloud computing, and cloud-related skills represent virtually all of the IT growth opportunities worldwide up to 2015. Read the IDC white paper, Climate Change: Cloud's Impact on IT Organizations and Staffing.
- Sign up to receive occasional email messages about Microsoft Certifications
- Watch the Jump Start "Creating and Managing a Private Cloud on System Center 2012"
- Learn more about Microsoft's private cloud strategy
- Review your options for training on the cloud
- Try Microsoft private cloud
- Try System Center 2012 software
- Find a Microsoft Official Practice Test