- 17 February 2014Published:
- English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), SpanishLanguages:
- IT professionalsAudiences:
- Office 365Technology:
- MCP, MCSACredit towards certification:
Enabling Office 365 Services
70-347: Enabling Office 365 Services
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area in the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area in the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification Program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Centre.
As of 30 June 2016, this exam includes content covering the latest updates and features of Office 365. To learn more about these changes and how they affect the skills measured, please download and review the Exam 70-347 change document.
- Manage clients and end-user devices (20–25%)
Manage user-driven client deployments
- Restrict self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus, Windows Store Apps and Mobile Apps, activation/revoke activation, and Office for Mac
Manage IT deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Manage deployment, manage streaming updates, manage deployments using the Office deployment tool, customise deployment
Set up telemetry and reporting
- Enable telemetry through Group Policy, set up telemetry service, interpret issues reported by telemetry dashboard, deploy telemetry agents to legacy Office clients
Plan for Office clients
- Configure Outlook, Skype for Business client, Office Online, and click-to-run versus MSI; check configurations using the Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT); implement modern authentication for Office 365 clients
- Manage user-driven client deployments
- Provision SharePoint Online site collections (20–25%)
Configure external user sharing
- Enable external user sharing globally, enable per-site collection, share with external users, remove external user access using the web UI and Windows PowerShell
Create SharePoint site collection
- Set SharePoint Online site collection administrator, set resource quota and warning level, and automatic adjustment of site collection sizes; set storage quota for site collection, and configure name and URL of site collection using the web UI and Windows PowerShell
Plan a collaboration solution
- Configure Yammer.com; coauthoring, Office 365 groups; access files across multiple client devices; migrate files to OneDrive for Business; implement enterprise eDiscovery using the web UI and Windows PowerShell; implement Office 365 video; use Delve for collaboration; configure Data Loss Prevention
- Configure external user sharing
- Configure Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online for end users (25–30%)
Configure additional email addresses for users
- Change default/reply to email address, bulk add/remove for new domain, manage secondary email aliases and SIP addresses using the web UI and Windows PowerShell
Create and manage external contacts, resources and groups
- Create and manage resource mailboxes, create shared mailboxes, create external contacts, assign additional email address to contacts, create and manage distribution list and members, delegate permissions using the web UI and Windows PowerShell
Configure personal archive policies
- Enable personal archive for mailboxes, create custom retention policy, create retention tags, apply retention policy to mailboxes, review and modify default retention policy using the web UI and Windows PowerShell
Configure Skype for Business Online end-user communication settings
- Turning off non-archived features for compliance, configure presence, configure available services, and configure per-user external communication using the web UI and Windows PowerShell
- Configure additional email addresses for users
- Plan for Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online (25–30%)
Manage anti-malware and anti-spam policies
- Release quarantine, configure spam settings, configure lists, and configure notifications using the web UI and Windows PowerShell; implement Advance Threat Protection
Recommend a mailbox migration strategy
- Select the appropriate migration method from Remote move, Staged, Cutover, or IMAP using the web UI and Windows PowerShell; use the import service for data migration
Plan for Exchange Online
- Plan client requirements for archive, manage Office 365 Protection Center, enable Legal hold, configure OWA access, configure ActiveSync and Mobile Device Management using the web UI and Windows PowerShell, configure Data Loss Prevention
Manage Skype for Business
- Enable external access; manage domains; manage Skype consumer connectivity; customise meeting invitations; disable push notification service using the web UI and Windows PowerShell; configure Cloud PBX, PSTN Conferencing, and Skype Meeting Broadcast
- Manage anti-malware and anti-spam policies
- Instructor-led training
- Exam prep video
Microsoft Certification PREP Talk: Exam 347
In this episode of Prep tips from certification experts, James Seymour, Senior Content Publisher, and Alistair Spiers, Senior Operations Program Manager on the Office 365 product group, discuss the relevancy of the skills being measured on Exam 347.
- Self-paced training
- Practice test
- From the community
- Follow @MSLearning
Who should take this exam?
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who take part in evaluating, planning, deploying and operating the Office 365 services, including its dependencies, requirements and supporting technologies. Candidates should have experience with the Office 365 Admin Center and an understanding of Microsoft Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online, Office 365 ProPlus and Microsoft Azure Active Directory. This includes experience with service descriptions, configuration options, and integrating services with existing identity management and on-premises infrastructure to support the business requirements of an organisation.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarise yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.