Fractured Minds is an immersive artistic short game, exploring anxiety and mental health issues. Winner of the BAFTA Young Game Designers Award, Fractured Minds is a game created by Emily Mitchell, then 17-years-old, with the hope of aiding understanding and awareness of mental illness. Embark on a journey through the human psyche and experience six atmospheric and thought-provoking chapters, each symbolising a different aspect or challenge associated with mental health issues; from isolation to anxiety, with everyday situations being distorted beyond recognition. Raw, emotive and earnest, Fractured Minds demonstrates that video games are capable of communicating vital messages in imaginative ways. It is a game that seeks to encourage empathy and champion support for the millions living with mental health issues. Wired Productions is proud to support Safe In Our World, a gaming industry charity striving for mental health awareness. 80% of the proceeds will help fund Emily’s career as well as future initiatives from Safe In Our World.
- Take a personal and honest journey through the human psyche.
- Interact with your environment to overcome challenges and puzzles across 6 levels, each inspired by real life obstacles.
- Explore the emotions surround emptiness, anxiety, depression and paranoia.
- Enjoy a rich and immersive soundtrack including “Silence” provided kindly by Kai Engel.
- A thought-provoking experience about what it means to live with mental health.