This game is a work in progress. It may or may not change over time or release as a final product. Purchase only if you are comfortable with the current state of the unfinished game. Savage, nightmarish monsters roam the Louisiana swamps, and you are part of a group of rugged bounty hunters bound to rid the world of their ghastly presence. Banish these creatures from our world, and you will be paid generously—and given the chance to buy more gruesome and powerful weapons. Fail, and death will strip you of both character and gear. Your experience, however, remains in your pool of hunters—called your Bloodline—always. HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD, HIGH TENSION Hunt’s competitive, match-based gameplay mixes PvP and PvE elements to create a uniquely tense experience where your life, your character, and your gear are always on the line. At the beginning of each Bounty Hunt match, depending on whether you have chosen team play or solo play, up to five teams of two or ten solo players set out to track their monstrous targets. Once they’ve found and defeated one of these they will receive a bounty—and instantly become a target for every other Hunter left on the map. If you don’t watch your back, you’ll find a knife in it, and your last memory will be of someone else walking away with your prize. The higher the risk, the higher the reward–but a single mistake could cost you everything. Hunt's Quick Play game mode offers a shorter match, during which up to ten individual players race to scavenge gear and find and close four rifts as they compete for a diminishing pool of bounty. First Hunter to the final rift absorbs its energy, but must survive the final count down to complete the mission—while the other Hunters attempt to take them out and take the prize for themselves. When the timer runs out the winner keeps their Hunter, while the rest perish. PROGRESSION Even in death, you will be able to progress among the ranks of Hunters via your Bloodline. Though one character may die, their experience will be transferred to your Bloodline, where it can be applied your other Hunters. If you make it off of the map alive, you will be able to use the money and experience you earn to kit out new Hunters and prepare for the next match. If you die, you lose everything but your experience. DARK SIGHT Dark Sight allows Hunters to see into the veil between worlds, making that which cannot be seen by mortal eyes visible to those who have been initiated. Use Dark Sight when you are tracking monsters, and a ghostly light will guide you toward your next target. Dark Sight also marks players carrying a bounty, making them more vulnerable to ambush while trying to escape. Full details on the latest status of the game, how you can give feedback and report issues can be found at https://www.huntshowdown.com/.
- Two visually stunning, immersive sandbox maps based on the Louisiana Bayous, each playable in four different times of day.
- A tense multiplayer experience – with up to ten players in each match out for your blood, and a map infested with aggressive AI, death could be waiting around every corner.
- Adaptable gameplay. Go in with guns blazing and risk it all, or be more strategic as you quietly accumulate rewards. The stakes are high, but the rewards are higher, and the way you go in is up to you
- Authentic gunplay with era-accurate weaponry.
- Gruesome, challenging bosses.
- Dark Sight mode that allows your Hunter to see beyond the veil , find clues, and track your targets.
- Progression. Even in death, your Hunter’s experience will be added to your Bloodline, where it can be applied to your other Hunters and help you during the next match.