Office 365 Personal
• For one person • For use on multiple PCs/Macs, tablets, and phones (including Windows, iOS, and Android*) • Premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, plus Publisher and Access for PC only • 1TB OneDrive cloud storage with advanced security • Collaborate on documents with others online • Tech support via chat or phone with Microsoft experts • Annual or monthly subscription. Your subscription will automatically continue. Cancel anytime. *iOS and Android require separate app download
Office 365 Personal
Create your best work. With Office 365 Personal, you get Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and more. Work anywhere with apps that are always updated. Available in an annual or monthly subscription. Your subscription will continue until cancelled.
For 1 Person
1 TB storage per user
Office 365 Highlights
Familiar apps, always updatedGet the latest premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote (features vary), Outlook, Access and Publisher with instant access to new features every month.1
1 TB Secure cloud storageGet 1 TB (1024 GB) OneDrive cloud storage with ransomware detection and file recovery to safely, store, edit and share documents, photos and more from anywhere, on all your devices.
Optimised mobile appsView, edit and create documents with advanced formatting and co-authoring features optimised for mobile phones and tablets.
Works across multiple devicesAvailable on PC, Mac, Windows Tablet, Windows Phone , iOS, Android 2
Stay connected with SkypeStay in touch with your friends and family around the globe with 60 minutes per month of Skype calling to mobile phones and landlines.3
Microsoft supportAs an Office 365 subscriber, get help right away from Microsoft trained experts, by phone or chat at no extra charge.
First, check to see if you are eligible for Office 365 Education, which is free for qualified teachers and students, and includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Microsoft Teams and other classroom tools from Microsoft. Office 365 Education is not a trial and is available for free to accredited academic institutions who have successfully signed up for this program.
To see if your computer, mobile device and/or browser can run Office, please visit the Office system requirements page.
Internet access is required to install and activate Office, but not to use Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint once you have these fully installed on your computer.
People using Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007 as well as Office for Mac 2011 and 2008 will be able to open and view your documents, but those on earlier versions may need to install a compatibility pack.
Documents that you have created or copied from others fully belong to you, and you can save them locally like on your PC or Mac, and/or store them online via a cloud service like OneDrive. Once your subscription expires, your Office apps enter read-only mode, which means you can still view or print documents, but you can’t create or edit them.
Find out how you can renew or cancel your Office 365 subscription, or turn automatic renewal on or off in this article in Office Support.
The steps for switching between Office 365 Home, Personal and University differ slightly depending on the subscription you currently have and want to switch from. Click on the relevant link below for further guidance:
Yes, the Office 365 Training Centre has quick start guides, cheat sheets, tips and tricks and training courses on how you can make the best use of Office.
Office 365 FAQ with chat link: https://products.office.com/microsoft-office-for-home-and-school-faq
Frequently asked questions
You can check if your device can support your version of Office by viewing the full Office system requirements
No. Office applications are tailored to work best on each platform and device. The Office applications available for Mac users and the version numbers may be different from those available for PC users.
Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 applications can open your documents without any additional action. Customers using earlier versions of Office may need to download and install a compatibility pack.
Yes. Documents that you have created belong fully to you. You can choose to store them online on OneDrive or locally on your PC or Mac. Learn what happens if you cancel your subscription.
Internet access is required to install and activate all the latest releases of Office suites and all Office 365 subscription plans. For Office 365 plans, Internet access is also needed to manage your subscription account, for example to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access is also required to access documents stored on OneDrive, unless you install the OneDrive desktop app. You should also connect to the Internet regularly to keep your version of Office up to date and benefit from automatic upgrades. If you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means that you can view or print your documents, but cannot edit the documents or create new ones. To reactivate your Office applications, simply reconnect to the Internet.
Your Microsoft account is the combination of an email address and password that you use to sign in to services like Hotmail, OneDrive, Windows Phone, Xbox LIVE and Outlook.com. If you use any of these services, you already have a Microsoft account that you can use or you can create a new account. Learn more about a Microsoft account. As part of signing up for a trial or purchasing Office, you will be prompted to sign in with a Microsoft account. You must be signed in with this account to install and manage your Office software, or to use some subscription benefits, including OneDrive storage and Skype minutes.
Users can activate 1 subscription for Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal and up to 25 licences for Office Home & Student 2019, Office Home & Business 2019 and Office Professional 2019.
About Office trials
- Full Office desktop applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote and Outlook, plus Publisher and Access for Windows PCs).
- 1 TB of additional OneDrive cloud storage so you can save documents, photos and videos online and access them from nearly anywhere.
- 60 Skype minutes that you can use to call mobile phones and landlines. See the list.
- Create or sign in with an existing Microsoft account. What is a Microsoft account?
- Provide payment information to enable future monthly payments. International credit cards and PayPal (in some markets) are accepted.
- The payment method you provide will be automatically charged at the end of your first free month to ensure that you do not experience any interruptions with your service. You can cancel online without penalty before your trial ends, by visiting accounts.microsoft.com and turning off auto-renew in the payment and billing area.
- Once your payment method is confirmed, you’ll be transferred to accounts.microsoft.com to install Office.
It depends on how you signed up for the trial:
- If you signed up via the Office website, and if auto-renew is enabled on the Microsoft Account site, your service will continue uninterrupted and your payment method will be automatically charged at the end of the trial, and then monthly thereafter. You do not need to re-install Office.
- If you signed up by clicking an icon on your new PC, your trial ends automatically after a month; it isn’t necessary to cancel it. When the trial ends, you’ll be prompted to choose which version of Office you want to purchase.
Not immediately. For example, if you had a trial of Office 365 Personal, you can’t sign up for a trial of Office 365 Home. However, one year after your trial or paid subscription ends, you can sign up for a new trial.
A Product Key is a unique 25-character alpha-numeric code used to redeem and activate your Office product. You cannot use a product key for an older Office product (or a different product) to redeem your new copy of Office.
After you associate your Product Key to your Microsoft account, you can sign in to accounts.microsoft.com to install and manage Office. But it’s a good idea to keep your Product Key in a secure location as proof of purchase or to help our support agents trace your product.
It’s best to use your existing Microsoft account. If you use other Microsoft products or services (e.g. Xbox, OneDrive, Outlook.com, MSN or Bing), you may already have a Microsoft account and won’t need to create a new one. If you have forgotten your username or password, recover those details by returning to sign in and clicking on Can’t access your account?
Your Microsoft account can have only one subscription associated with it. If you use the same Microsoft account to buy or redeem multiple Office 365 subscriptions, you extend the amount of time for your subscription, up to a maximum of 5 years. Note that doing so does not increase the number of devices you can install Office on or increase the amount of online storage that is available with the subscription. Learn more about adding another Office 365 home subscription plan to your account.
Language support for Office
Office 365 plans are available in most countries/regions. In countries/regions where Office 365 plans are not available, you can still buy an Office 2019 suite. When buying Office 365, it’s important that you select the country/region in which you will be billed and in which you’ll use the software. Selecting a different country/region may cause problems with subscription set-up and renewal.
Office is available in the languages listed below. Not all languages are available in all countries/regions.
- For PCs running Windows: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay (Malaysia), Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- For Mac: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English (United States), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian (Bokmal), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- For iOS: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (United States), English (United Kingdom), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
- For Android: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Catalan, Kannada, Malayalam, Persian, Tamil and Telugu.
- Office 365: Each time you install Office on an additional PC or Mac at accounts.microsoft.com, you can choose the language in which to install Office.
- Office 2019: You can install language accessory packs after installing Microsoft Office, to add additional display, help or proofing tools. Learn more about the Language Accessory Pack for Office.
OneDrive is an online storage service that you can use to store documents, notes, photos, music, videos or other types of files. With OneDrive you can access your files from nearly any device and you can share them with others. Sign up for OneDrive.
The amount of additional storage that you get depends on your subscription:
- Customers with an active Office 365 Personal or Office 365 University subscription receive an additional 1 TB of OneDrive storage per subscription.
- Customers with an active Office 365 Home subscription receive an additional 1 TB of OneDrive storage per user, for up to 6 users. Each additional user must have their own Microsoft account and be added to the Microsoft Account site.
To access documents stored on OneDrive, sign in to Office with the Microsoft account that you used to set up Office 365. If you have shared your Office 365 Home subscription with other members of your household, they should sign in with their Microsoft account. Learn more about signing in to Office. You can also sign in to OneDrive directly at OneDrive.com.
If you cancel your subscription or if it expires, you can still access and download all your files by signing in to OneDrive directly using the Microsoft account you used to set up Office 365. You do lose the additional storage that comes with your subscription, so you must save your files elsewhere or buy more OneDrive storage if your OneDrive account exceeds the free storage quota.
They lose the additional OneDrive storage, but they can still access and download all files. If their OneDrive account exceeds the free storage quota, they’ll need to save files elsewhere or buy more OneDrive storage.
About Skype minutes
With Skype minutes you can call friends or family on their mobile phone or landline, whether they have a Skype account or not.
You can call the following countries/regions:
- Both landlines and mobile phones: Canada, China, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Thailand and the United States.
- Landlines only: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Croatia, Colombia (excl. Lex), Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia (Jakarta), Ireland, Israel, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom and Venezuela.
Note that special, premium and non-geographic numbers are not covered by Skype minutes. Additionally, it isn’t possible to place emergency calls.
Skype offers a variety of pay-as-you-go and subscription options to supplement Skype minutes. Visit www.skype.com for more details.
You’ll need to determine which Office product keys correspond to each PC. Learn more.
Yes. You can purchase Office 365 subscriptions for both Mac and Windows. Office Home & Business 2019 or Office Home & Student 2019 are also available for Mac as a one-time purchase. Office applications available for a Mac are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote. The Publisher and Access applications are not available for Mac.
Learn about which Office versions can work side-by-side on the same device in this article.
The actual download speed of Office depends on the speed of your Internet connection; a broadband Internet connection is recommended for the best download experience.
Icons for Office applications are created when you install Office. You can start the applications by clicking the icons, which are installed in the following locations:
- Windows 7: Start menu
- Windows 8: Start screen and Apps view (the view under the Start screen that includes all apps installed on a PC)*
- Windows 8.1: Apps view*
*If you cannot find your icons in Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, go to the Start screen and type the name of the application you want to launch (for example, Word).
- Windows 10: Start menu. You can also type the name of the application you want to launch (for example, Word) in Cortana.
- You can also pin an application shortcut to your Start screen or your desktop taskbar for convenient access. Learn more.
- Mac OS X
- 10.6 (Snow Leopard): Dock
- 10.7 (Lion): Dock and Launchpad
- 10.8 (Mountain Lion): Dock and Launchpad
- 10.9 (Mavericks): Dock and Launchpad
- 10.10 (Yosemite): You can start the applications by clicking the application icons which can be found in the Launchpad and Applications folder in Finder.
To uninstall Office, first visit accounts.microsoft.com, and follow the onscreen instructions to deactivate Office. Deactivating Office leaves the Office applications on your PC in read-only mode, which means that you can view documents, but can’t edit or save them, and you can’t create new documents. To remove Office entirely, go to your PC’s Control Panel and uninstall Office. For Mac, iPad and Android tablets, follow the instructions on that device to uninstall an application.
- Office 365 customers can download or reinstall from accounts.microsoft.com.
- You may order a DVD backup copy for the latest release Office products for a fee. Visit www.office.com/backup for details.
Get the core Office experience for free on your favourite tablets and phones. To find and download apps, visit the following pages: Office for iPad, Office for iPhone, Office for Android tablet and Office for Android phone. For Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps, get premium features with an eligible Office 365 subscription. For information about the premium features for mobile devices that are available with Office 365, visit www.office.com/information.
Office 365 customers with an active subscription always get the newest versions of the Office applications when they are available. When we release a new version of Office, you will be notified that you have the option to update your software to the latest version.
The latest version, Office 2019 for Mac, is now available to Office 365 subscribers as part of your subscription. To install Office 2019 for Mac, go to accounts.microsoft.com and follow the instructions there.
Managing your Office 365 subscription
To manage your billing information, renew or cancel Office, install or remove Office from your PCs or Macs and/or manage Office on other devices at any time, visit accounts.microsoft.com.
Your Microsoft account can only have one active subscription. If you activate your Office 365 Personal or Office 365 University subscription before your Office 365 Home subscription expires, the remaining time on your Office 365 Home subscription will be converted to the Office 365 Personal or Office 365 University subscription (whichever you have chosen). However, you will immediately lose the Office 365 Home benefits of sharing Office with 5 other users, so you may choose to wait until your Office 365 Home subscription expires before activating your Office 365 Personal or Office 365 University subscription.
Your Microsoft account can have only one active subscription. If you activate your Office 365 Personal subscription before your Office 365 University subscription expires, the remaining time on your Office 365 University subscription will be converted to Office 365 Personal.
Your Microsoft account can have only one active subscription. You can either convert your Office 365 Home subscription to Office 365 Personal or Office 365 University, or you can wait until your current subscription expires before activating your Office 365 Personal or Office 365 University subscription.
You will be notified before you’re charged when it’s time to renew an annual subscription. If you are signed up for a monthly subscription, your payment will be automatically debited each month and you won’t be notified in advance. You can change your payment method or cancel your subscription at any time by visiting the Microsoft Account site and signing in with the Microsoft account that you used to buy Office.
You have a few options for renewing. Regardless of the option you choose, be sure to renew using the same Microsoft account that you used when setting up your subscription.
- If auto-renew is enabled for your subscription, it will renew automatically. Your auto-renew setting is shown on the Microsoft Account site after you sign in with the Microsoft account that you used to buy Office.
- If auto-renew is not enabled, visit www.office.com/renew to purchase an Office 365 auto-renew subscription. The additional time will be automatically added to the remaining time on your existing subscription.
- To renew through the retailer that you purchased Office 365 from, return to that retailer and purchase another pre-paid one-year subscription. Follow the set-up instructions included in the packaging – they are the same for setting up a new subscription. The additional year will be automatically added to the remaining time on your existing subscription.
Yes. When you renew early to the same Office 365 plan that you already have, the additional time is added to your existing subscription. For example, if you have two months left on your current subscription to Office 365 Home and you renew for one year (12 months), your subscription will run for 14 months.
- If you purchased an auto-renew subscription from Microsoft via MicrosoftStore.com or Office365.com, you have two options for cancelling:
- You can cancel online by visiting the Microsoft Account site, signing in with the Microsoft account that you used to buy Office, and then turning off auto-renew. With this approach, your subscription will automatically expire when your remaining subscription time is up.
- To cancel immediately, contact Microsoft support and request an immediate cancellation.
- If you purchased an auto-renew subscription from Apple via the iTunes Store, you will need to cancel your subscription with Apple. Learn more.
- If you purchased an auto-renew subscription from another retailer, you may have to cancel your subscription with that retailer. You can confirm this by visiting the Microsoft Account site.
Support and resources
Showing 1-10 out of 222 reviews
- Most helpful
- Most recent
- Highest rated
- Lowest rated
- All ratings
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 star
15User Rating: 1 out of 5
Review title of LorenzoPost installation support is rubbish
After I purchased a Microsoft laptop and 365 I installed it at home as per instructions. Some of the outlook wizard functionality was not working (could not upload my contacts, emails etc) so contacted the so called help desk. To be frank they were 1000's of miles away a clueless. I wasted 3 hours on line and phone with them. They tried to get me to download software that was non MS so my pc rejected. Then tried to say the laptop was faulty and to go back to the shop. When I proved this was not the case they wanted to reboot my machine and i would lose all my doc info and emails when I said no as would lose all my stuff.....they cut me off and never called back! Total crap support. Very pissed off. Beware of the first time download. If it doesn't work you are knackered. MS will not help you
25User Rating: 2 out of 5
Review title of Patrick54Office 365 Personal and Outlook
Only MS would make things so confusing. Be warned if you buy Office 365 Personal (which of course includes Outlook) you do NOT get the Add Free Outlook Web client. How about that!
Hello, Office 365 includes the latest version of Outlook (Outlook 2016). Please visit: https://support.office.com/en-GB/Outlook for more about what's included in Outlook 2016. You can also access Outlook.com to check email anytime which is free. If you are experiencing issues with email, please contact us via any of the methods located here: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/DisplayHelpContactUsPage/. Office 365 includes free technical support and we would be happy to assist you.
55User Rating: 5 out of 5
Review title of FredbrazGreat software
Been working with this software for a month, easy to use great features
35User Rating: 3 out of 5
Review title of Sparky2017Prefer Office 2010
Having upgraded to Windows 10, I have been using office 365 for just over a year now. It has taken ages to get used to it, I still prefer the old 2010 version... especially the outlook... I also don't like the OneDrive, it takes ages to export a word file as a PDF, then opens it outside of my Adobe (so it Office does see this as a previously opened file, i.e. to attach to an email I then need to browse to where I have saved it). Guess I will have to keep persevering with it!
Hello, There are many great online resources available to you for assistance in getting acclimated with Office 365. This includes tips & tricks, troubleshooting assistance, getting started guides and more. Please visit: https://support.office.com/ to learn more. If you are experiencing performance issues and would like to speak with a support representative, you can contact us via any of the methods located here: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/DisplayHelpContactUsPage/. Office 365 includes free technical support and we would be happy to assist you.
Reviewed ByBrandane Knott
45User Rating: 4 out of 5
Review title of Brandane KnottMostly very good but ...
I have just renewed Office. I've used it for many years and find it ideal for work, home and study use. Wide range of features: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher great and easy to use. My only gripe is with Outlook which has a tendency 'not to respond' and takes ages, sometimes days, to reinstate. The Help function doesn't help with this issue.
Hello, We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Outlook. Please visit: https://support.office.com/en-GB/Outlook and expand the 'troubleshoot problems' section to troubleshoot the issue. If you'd like to speak with a support representative, you can reach us via any of the methods located here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/28808/store-contact-support. Office 365 includes free technical support and we would be happy to assist you.
45User Rating: 4 out of 5
Review title of Brenda40It is fine
I bought this 2 weeks ago. Had been using it already for a year until I received notification from Microsoft that my YEAR had expired! Purchased Microsoft Office when I bought my new laptop a year ago. I have to say I thought the package was for life, however sorely disappointed to find I had to purchase another package if I wanted to continue usage for another year!
15User Rating: 1 out of 5
Review title of Richard1951Asolute rip off
I have bought this product, downloaded it as per instructions and when I try to use it, it says subscription expired.
Hello Richard, We are sorry to hear that you are seeing notifications of expiration after you recently subscribed to Office 365. Please visit: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/A-subscription-notice-appears-when-I-open-an-Office-365-application-4cabe32c-f594-4c0e-9191-3d3ade10cceb and select the corresponding notification you are seeing. Proceed with the resolution steps listed. If you'd like to speak with a support representative, you can reach us via any of the methods located here: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/DisplayHelpContactUsPage/. Office 365 includes free technical support and we would be happy to assist you.
55User Rating: 5 out of 5
Review title of bolter79brilliant
i had a free year with buying the Lumia 950 and loved using the service so much I have switched to monthly and its been so handy on a daily basis keep up the good work guys
55User Rating: 5 out of 5
Review title of TrussyGreat software and easy to use, quality of life
I have used Microsoft office products since I was a child and they have improved greatly on previous versions. This version is their best so far offering further seamless integration between their software and allowing you to pick up from where you left off with the inclusion of having your Microsoft account further linked than before.
Reviewed ByTony Red
55User Rating: 5 out of 5
Review title of Tony RedOffice 365 on my MacBook Pro
After reading so many negative reviews of Office 365 running on MacBook Pro I delayed the purchase until I had no option but to purchase as the company I am currently working for use Microsoft Office exclusively. I did use Apples Pages and numbers for a very short period but found they created more work as fonts, paragraphs and page breaks all changed when opening Word & Exel documents. I am very happy with the purchase as all the packages within Office 365 work flawlessly on my MacBook.