Snap + Core First is the leading symbol-based AAC app for non-verbal individuals who have difficulties speaking, including those with autism, Down Syndrome, Rett Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, aphasia, and intellectual disabilities. This AAC app is designed to let users start communicating quickly and guide them from their first words to literacy. Snap + Core First provides the path for users to stay engaged as they learn and grow their language skills. It is also easy for parents, teachers, and speech therapists to learn how to use. Snap + Core First includes the following languages: English (US), English (UK), English (US)/Spanish Bilingual, German, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish (Latin American), Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazil), French, Spanish (Latin American)/English (US) Bilingual, French (Canadian)/English (US) Bilingual, Spanish (ES). “This app has been a game changer for my classroom. My students are progressing faster academically, verbal language has increased, clarity has improved, and behaviors have drastically decreased!” – Kim L, Teacher Research-based for success Core First, which is based on research by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, helps the communicator continuously build vocabulary and skills and takes advantage of motor learning by introducing new vocabulary systematically and purposefully. It is built on three pillars for communication success: growth, engagement, and literacy. The success of the Snap + Core First platform stems from features that let a user naturally engage with others like: • The cohesive use of the Core Word framework • Popular pagesets or communication boards • Topics • Quick Phrases • Behavior Supports • Word Lists • Keyboards Designed for easy customization and consistency Snap + Core First makes it easy to: • Edit and change grid sizes (12 to choose from) • Drag and drop with common functions • Link pages • Find words quickly thanks to a special Search tool A wide variety of Acapela voices are also available as free downloads. A comprehensive ecosystem of support Snap + Core First is backed by an unparalleled and free ecosystem of resources and support that include: • Pathways for Core First, a free companion app that offers a guided experience to successfully implement Core First. • Core First Books and Lessons • Boardmaker Student Center app (contains the Core First Learning instructional solution) • Customer and technical support • Knowledge base support articles
- Start communicating immediately - with tools and supports, like Core Words, Quickfires, and Topics, that allow a communicator to initiate and guide the interaction.
- Created to be the best - with years of research, feedback, and user testing SLPs and educators, 9 out of 10 tested preferred Snap over competitor apps.
- Built for confidence - with the easiest navigation, no instructions are necessary, and a toolbar is always available with tools to support you as you move through the system.
- Designed for ease - with a user interface for easy editing and grid size changes, common functions for dragging and dropping, quicker actions for linking pages, and a Search tool for finding words.
- Symbols library - thousands of PCS symbols come pre-installed. Additional symbols are available as free downloads.
- A wide range of voices — A wide variety of Acapela voices are available as free downloads.
- Free cloud-based storage – to backup and share your page sets on myTobiiDynavox.com
Published byTobii Dynavox
CopyrightTobii Dynavox Snap™ + Core First®
Approximate size1.49 GB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Use your webcam
Use your microphone
Access your Internet connection
Use your pictures library
Use your video library
Use data stored on an external storage device
Access to your Account’s username and picture
Communicate with already paired Bluetooth devices
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
AccessibilityThe product developer believes that this product meets accessibility requirements, making it easier for everyone to use.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
English (United Kingdom)
Español (Estados Unidos)
Norsk Bokmål (Norge)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)