Snap™ Core First® is a symbol-supported app that helps people with speech & language disabilities communicate. Offering multiple access methods (incl. eye gaze, touch & switch) combined with speech output, this easy-to-use AAC solution grows alongside the communicator. Based on a core word strategy for all ages and stages of language development, it focuses on engagement, growth and literacy for those with conditions such as autism, Down syndrome, Rett syndrome, and cerebral palsy among others. Key Features: *Grid sizes that grow step-by-step *Fuss-free editing/button customization *In-app access to Google Assistant *In-app release notes, tips & tutorials *Search shows a word and path to find it *In-app access to Boardmaker material *Built-in behavior supports like visual schedules *Well-organized core words, topic words & phrases Main benefits include: Core First Communicate right away with access to core vocabulary, a small number of words that make up 70-90% of what we all use in many daily situations. Our core word language strategy supports your communicator from their first words while providing a focused path for growth. Hey Google! Turn on the lights, turn up the volume and get information with the click of a button. Control your environment and live life more independently with smart home integrations such as Google Assistant. Built-in Support Find the support you need right inside the app. Use the search bar to show if a word exists and a path to find it. Click the light bulb icon to discover tips, tutorials, help & app updates. Literacy & Behavior Tools Access some of the most popular special education teaching tools in app via Boardmaker Player, a tool that lets you access pre-made Boardmaker visual schedules, interactive activities, games, books & more. Engagement Facilitate engagement by easily guiding conversations and exploring interests together. Choose from 18 languages and a variety of voices to find one that feels most authentic. Growth Meet your communicator where they are and adapt as their communication, independence and social emotional skills evolve. Discover opportunities for language to grow naturally over time with features like Picture Communication Symbols ® and customizable grid sizes. Literacy Communicate in almost any situation with core words, a set of small, flexible words, such as want, not, and go. As your communicator’s language skills develop, they can string core words together and gradually start adding in other vocabulary. Quick access to a keyboard also helps foster literacy skills and independence.
What’s new in this version
Google Assistant integration in Snap Core First * Gain the benefits of having a smart assistant directly through Snap Core First. * Control your environment with commands such as "Turn on the lights." * Access information and ask questions such as "What's the weather today?" * Discover entertainment options with commands such as "Tell me a joke."
- Start communicating immediately - using tools and supports like Core Words, Quickfires, and Topics, that allow a communicator to initiate and guide the interaction.
- Created to be the best - with years of research and user testing with SLPs and educators, 9 out of 10 tested preferred Snap over competitor apps.
- Built for confidence - with the easiest navigation, no instructions are necessary, and a toolbar is always available with tools to support you as you move through the system.
- Designed for ease - with a user interface for easy editing and grid size changes, common functions for dragging and dropping, quicker actions for linking pages, and a Search tool for finding words.
- Symbols library - thousands of PCS symbols come pre-installed. Additional symbols are available as free downloads.
- A wide range of voices — over 100 voices are included. Additional voices are available to purchase.
- Free cloud-based storage – to backup and share your page sets on myTobiiDynavox.com
Published byTobii Dynavox
CopyrightTobii Dynavox Snap Core First™
Approximate size1.8 GB
Age ratingParental Guidance Recommended
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
Use your webcam
Use your microphone
Access your Internet connection
Use your pictures library
Use your video library
Use data stored on an external storage device
Access to your Account’s username and picture
Communicate with already paired Bluetooth devices
Close themselves and their own windows, and delay the closing of their app
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
AccessibilityThe product developer believes that this product meets accessibility requirements, making it easier for everyone to use.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
English (United Kingdom)
Español (Estados Unidos)
Norsk Bokmål (Norge)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)
Čeština (Česká Republika)