Warning: App may cause motion sickness. Pan for glittering gold at Reed Gold Mine--America’s first gold mine! Learn about the Mohs Scale while classifying various minerals underground in an actual mine tunnel. Also, see the heavy equipment used to ease the back-breaking work of panning and sorting. Zoom around the racetrack while answering questions based on unit content appearing in the lanes ahead. Correct answer choices earn points while speeding along this highway of inquiry. Distinguish between solids, liquids, and gases while viewing various forms of the substances. Chemical reactions also play a role determining form of various states of matter. Standing room only for the First Lady of Physics, Chien-Shiung Wu, who made significant contributions to the physics field. See why weak forces are dominant in nuclear fission in this virtual reality comic book. No shame in being dense in this lab. Comparing density of different objects helps explain phase changes--and there’s even a real turtle to assist in this production. As always, VictoryVR curriculum is stimulating and fun! Better yet, it’s rooted in the Next Gen Science Standards so it is directly linked with science teachings in today’s classrooms.
- Visit this National Historic Landmark in North Carolina and see where gold was first discovered in America.
- Test your knowledge of the properties of matter while cruising around the track, earning a higher score with correct responses.
- Learn about the different states of matter and phase changes.
- A mini-biography of Chien-Shiung Wu and her contribution to physics is conveyed in this virtual comic book.
- Learn about density with nationally-recognized award winning science teacher, Wendy Martin.
- All lessons are based on Next Gen Science Standards.
- All units are related to the properties of matter.
- See all of our VictoryVR units spanning 48 units of science.