BI and analytics
Bring the power of data to every user in your organization with BI and analytics
Empower employees to make informed decisions with easy-to-use business intelligence (BI) and analytics tools that seamlessly combine existing enterprise data, external data, and unstructured big data. Deliver the power of data to every user in your organization with a comprehensive, end-to-end BI and analytics solution that’s built into SQL Server.View our BI reporting roadmapRead Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
Transform data into intelligent action
Transform even the most complex data into powerful data models that can be easily understood and analyzed using familiar data analytics and exploration tools, such as Excel or Power BI. Deliver actionable business insights based on trusted data to help set your company apart from the competition with BI capabilities built into SQL Server 2016.
Mobile BI: Share business insights across your organization
SQL Server 2016 delivers built-in mobile BI capabilities. BI professionals get the tools they need to deliver business insights and can manage user access and shared data sets in one place. Business professionals get access to insights and intuitive reports optimized for their choice of platform, from desktops to major mobile devices.
Hybrid BI: Access data on-premises, in the cloud, or both
Transition to the cloud at your own pace with a hybrid approach and benefit from existing on-premises investments and the flexibility of the cloud. Pin reporting services paginated report items to a Power BI dashboard to view all your information in one place, or connect to on-premises data from Power BI without the need to move data to the cloud.
Advanced analytics: Analyze data at enterprise scale
SQL Server 2016 R Services integrates R-enhanced algorithms and parallelization to add scalable in-database analytics that can be deployed on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment. Bring the power of advanced business intelligence analytics to where the data lives.
- Use a comprehensive BI platform that works with the data, systems, and tools you already have
- Extend your existing BI and reporting investments to the cloud
- Provide faster insights on your data while maintaining data governance and security
- Share insights and reports across all major mobile platforms so your business users can make decisions when and where they need it
- Transform your data into intelligent action with built-in data modeling and advanced analytics
- Write once, deploy anywhere—write advanced analytics models and deploy them in an on-premises database, in the cloud, or even to Linux, Hadoop, and Teradata systems
- Access to thousands of R scripts and models in CRAN (comprehensive R archival network)