The first Linux distribution optimized for Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Based on Debian. Built on work by Microsoft Research. From open-source software startup Whitewater Foundry. Leverage the power of the Linux terminal on Windows 10. Get started in open source programming with git. Manage remote servers with OpenSSH or Azure CLI. Automate tasks with Python, PowerShell, or Bash. Run a local LAMP stack for testing your interactive website. Build with the latest open source libraries and tools, including NodeJS and Ruby Gems. Run many basic graphical Linux apps, like GNOME Builder.* Easily deploy and interact with Docker. 予測非ラテン文字入力を設定します。 DISCLAIMER: Windows Insider versions are not production-ready and can contain incompatibilities or bugs that affect the performance of Pengwin. We support insider versions on a best-effort basis. WSL2 is a preview technology that Microsoft planned to release in May 2020. Although now we support it, there are still bugs and we are working to be ready for the launch date. *Requires a Windows-based X server, such as X410, VcXsrv, or Xming.
What's new in this version
Existing users can update immediately by running $ sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get upgrade -y 1.4.6: * Fixes WSL2 support for fish. * Correctly detects switch from WSL1 to WSL2 and WSL2 to WSL2 and IP changes to apply those changes to /etc/environment enabling some tools and scripts like CLion to see the X server environment. * Correctly updates /etc/environment when mesa-utils is installed to correctly enable software-based OpenGL * Fixed NodeJS installation via apt. * Added the option to autostart X410 depending on the WSL is being used. Thanks to @branchard * Fixed NodeJS startup environment variables. * Fix NVM install to correctly install the latest NodeJS version. Thanks to @haodeon * The pyenv was fixed for fish. Thanks to @nickolasclarke * Added more icon sources to the shortcut creation including KDE ones. * Upgraded the embedded server VCXsrv to 18.104.22.168 1.4.3: * Support kernel upgrade in WSL2 1.4.1: * Fixed a bug win Open with Pengwing's Icon and WSL2 1.4.0: * Enabled full compatibility with WSL 2 * All pengwin-setup commands with the exception of docker works in WSL 2 * Improve compatibility with Qt when pengwin-setup->GUI->GUILIB is used See pengwin.dev/blog for the latest features.
- Pengwin includes wslu, a set of useful open-source utilities for interacting between WSL and Windows 10.
- A custom pengwin-setup tool, accessible via $ pengwin-setup allows new Pengwin users to get started on Linux immediately.
- Support for many Linux graphical applications with no need to configure display or libGL in Pengwin. Requires a Windows-based X client, such as X410 or VcXsrv.
- Install 28,728 open source packages via the apt package management system from the expansive Debian repositories and any third-party Debian-compatible repositories from outside projects.
- A handful of unnecessary packages, such as systemd, have been removed from the base image to reduce image size and increase stability.
- New features are actively developed based on community input. You can earn paid grants improving WLinux.
- Linux apps execute at native speed. CPU-intensive tasks perform as fast or faster on WSL than Linux on bare metal with little to no overhead.
- Create Windows Start Menu items from Linux desktop apps or deploy a one-click LAMP stack.
Published byWhitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
CopyrightCopyright Whitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
Developed byWhitewater Foundry, Ltd. Co.
Approximate size240.36 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
This app canAccess all your files, peripheral devices, apps, programs and registry
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
This product needs to be installed on your internal hard drive.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Terms of transaction
Pengwin license terms
Pengwin is open source, licensed under the MIT license, and contains other assets licensed under other licenses: https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/blob/master/LICENSE.md The complete source code and building instructions for Pengwin can be found at: https://github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/Pengwin/