Spot over 200,000 stars, planets, constellations, and satellites in the night sky. Star Walk 2 is a next-generation tool for not only learning the exact position of stars, planets, constellations, comets, ISS, satellites, star clusters, nebulae and meteor showers in the night sky but also for investigating its’ depth like watching constellations, nebulae and satellites from aside. Star Walk 2 is an exquisite stargazing tool that combines astronomical data with premium technology to deliver an effortless journey through thousands of stars, comets, and constellations. All you have to do is point your device at the sky. “She’s a beauty.” The Next Web “Star Walk 2 is a terrific introduction to astronomy for young and old. It’s also handy for serious stargazers for observing planning.” TUAW “For those who enjoy the original app, Star Walk 2 is worth the upgrade — the interface is gorgeous. Anyone with even a passing interest in astronomy should grab Star Walk 2.” iLounge “It is worth every penny.” PadGadget DISCOVER NEW DEPTHS Star Walk 2 is the first astronomy guide to introduce plausible three-dimensional models of planetary nebulae. Star groupings of the 88 officially recognized constellations are also presented in volume. You can see them as separate entities, turn them around and take a look from the other side. Complemented by articles on connected myths and history, this is the most comprehensive collection of information on constellations.* REAL-TIME MOTION TRACKING As you hold your phone up and point it towards the sky, Star Walk 2 follows your motions using the built-in gyroscope to match the map on your screen to the stars seen from your location. Easily find any star, constellation, or satellite in the sky by tapping Search. Star Walk will indicate the direction to look in. NEW POINT OF VIEW Unlike on a plain photograph, every star in Star Walk 2 has coordinates. That means you can look at objects, for instance, a constellation from any vantage point in space, not to mention the ultimate accuracy of your map for your exact location. NOW AND LATER Star Walk 2 gives you accurate daily data on current moon phase, time of sunset and sunrise, and elevation of planets. With just one slide you can see how the sky will look later tonight or throughout the year. PRO STARGAZING Special night-time soft red mode will help you preserve night vision when stargazing with a telescope. You can see the sky in X-Ray (and 5 more filters) to study the invisible structure of the universe. Live tracking for over 8,000 satellites will help you catch iridium flares, and detailed articles will satisfy the most curious inquirer.
What's new in this version
What’s new: - Fixed satellites - Fixed All-in-one purchase - Fixed “Restore” function - The size of the app has been reduced by 10%.
- Star Spotter shows the sky as seen in reality and follows the moves of the user.
- Augmented Reality allows users to point-and-display the sky as on any device with digital compass.
- Spectrum Bar - ability to view the night sky in different spectra.
- Time Machine extends control of star viewing into the past and future. Once activated, a panel drops down and you can rapidly flip through time.
- Search allows you to search for any planet, constellation, messier object, satellite, or star you are interested in and see it on the sky.
- Moon phases displays the moon phases for a chosen period.
- Cutting-edge graphics – smooth and eye candy colors, icons, pictures that make the use of Star Walk™ a real pleasure.
- Night mode – night time setting shifts the graphics to red tones.
- Information – gives a full pack of information along with the media on chosen object and provides an access to Wikipedia pages.
- Sharing allows to take a screenshot for sharing via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or e-mail, save it to your camera roll.
- All-new stunning design: atmospheric visual and sound effects, stirring soundtrack, exclusive handcrafted artwork for constellations.
- Incredible 3D models of celestial bodies: planetary nebulae, constellations, dwarf planets, comets, and asteroids, man-made satellites, layer by layer planets and missions
Published byVito Technology
Copyright© 2016 Vito Technology, Inc.
Developed byVito Technology
Approximate size241.51 MB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
This app canUse your location
Use your webcam
Access your Internet connection
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)
Español (España, Alfabetización Internacional)