Alarm Clock is designed as a nightstand companion. Set the alarm, choose a wake up sound from your own library, and customize the clock with your own colors or backgrounds. Please note: best results are obtained by leaving your device plugged in, leaving the application in the foreground, and ensuring that the power settings are NOT set to sleep or hibernate your device. If your device turns off, the Alarm Clock will not sound. If Alarm Clock runs in the background, your alarm will not sound. You will receive a 'toast notification' that your alarm is going off, but it's not going to be loud enough to wake most people.
What’s new in this version
v2.3 r2 Bug fixes, changed default background image of digital clock. v 2.3 Added support for Windows 8.1, added new background image. v 2.1 Added setting to allow custom length of snooze time (in minutes) v 2.0 Major new release adding 4 new clock faces, including an LCD style clock and a unique 'Cat Clock'. Also added a home page to select any clock face desired and to allow easy access to setting the alarm. v1.4 Bug fixes. v1.3 Misc fixes. v1.2 By request, we added a dimmer slider to reduce the light output of the app. Please note, not all advertisements can be dimmed. Let us know what you like and what you don't like. We are always looking to improve.
- 8 Different Clock faces
- Customizable backgrounds - chose your own color or image
- Choose your own alarm sound
- Integrated news feed keeps you up-to-date on events
- Live tile shows the next time the alarm will sound
- Other advanced features include chimes every 15 minutes, ticking sounds and control of the seconds/day displays.
- Advanced 'Silent Night' mode turns off all clock sounds during the night (except the alarm, of course).
- Dimmer to turn down the brightness of the app