A fantastic journey through the wonders of the land of the Pharaohs reconstructed by Altair4 in all their glory using 3D computer graphics. By means of a swipe across the screen you will travel along the Nile from Alexandria to Abu Simbel discovering the internal structure of two of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World: the Lighthouse of Alexandria and the Great Pyramid of Giza. With the 3D flight feature you can interactively fly over the endless expanse of the ancient capital Thebes, the city of the hundred gates, with the sacred precincts of Luxor and Karnak and the Avenue of Sphinxes. Thanks to our Virtual Tour feature you can walk inside the enclosure of Amon by moving right into the forest of columns in the hypostyle hall; then also the magnificent Dendera faces of the goddess Hathor on the capitals of the temple rebuilt after being destroyed by religious intolerance; you can also visit a typical house of the Egyptian workers' village in the Valley of the Kings’ tombs at Deir el Medina, the temple of Isis on the Island of File and the colossal statues of Abu Simbel, with the story of their rescue from the waters of Lake Nasser in two exceptional video documents that show the titanic work involved in dismantling and moving the temples to their current homes. A unique piece of work which includes 15 years of contributions by archaeologists and artists. More than 13,000 files, 2 Gb of original data specifically created for an application unrivalled on the market for its rigorous approach, its completeness and its quality.
- The Nile: The major sites of Ancient Egypt are displayed on the map. Taking a horizontal swipe across the screen moves us along the Nile discovering new sites
- Time Machine: slide down to interactively fade in high resolution some reconstructions of the Pharaohs’ sites superimposed over the pictures of their current status.
- 3D Flight: You can fly over Karnak and Luxor or above the sacred precinct of Dendera, or interactively display the section of the Lighthouse of Alexandria as you rotate the model, and much more.
- 3D Exploration: A guided exploration in high resolution to 3D reconstructions. By selecting a name on the pop-out list you are automatically directed to the point of interest.
- Virtual tours: visit 3D reconstructions, such as the temple of Amun at Karnak, looking in every direction and moving from one point to another of the immense courtyard, right into the hypostyle hall.
- Video introductions: for each site you can find several videos that introduce many different topics. Over 800 Mb of rare, original footage.
- Interactive sections: slide up / down to interactively visualize the internal structure of the pyramids, or the construction phases of the great sphinx of Giza.
- In-depth sheets: Text sheets about the sites’ history, illustrated by plenty of pictures including a rare compendium of b/w photos from the XIX century.
- Maps: Interactive visualization of archaeological site geo-localizations on Bing maps.
- Contents: A visual index to directly access and view all multimedia contents included in the app.
Published byALTAIR4 MULTIMEDIA
CopyrightCopyright 2013 Altair4 Multimedia srl - www.altair4.com
Developed byALTAIR4 MULTIMEDIA
Approximate size1.44 GB
Age ratingFor ages 3 and up
This app canAccess your Internet connection
InstallationGet this app while signed in to your Microsoft account and install on up to ten Windows 10 devices.
Language supportedEnglish (United States)