- 01 February 2013Published:
- English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil)Languages:
- IT professionalsAudiences:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013Technology:
- MCP, MCSECredit towards certification:
Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below. The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area in the exam. The higher the percentage, the more questions you are likely to see on that content area in the exam. View video tutorials about the variety of question types on Microsoft exams.
Please note that the questions may test on, but will not be limited to, the topics described in the bulleted text.
Do you have feedback about the relevance of the skills measured on this exam? Please send Microsoft your comments. All feedback will be reviewed and incorporated as appropriate while still maintaining the validity and reliability of the certification process. Note that Microsoft will not respond directly to your feedback. We appreciate your input in ensuring the quality of the Microsoft Certification Program.
If you have concerns about specific questions on this exam, please submit an exam challenge.
If you have other questions or feedback about Microsoft Certification exams or about the certification program, registration or promotions, please contact your Regional Service Centre.
- Plan business continuity management (21%)
Plan for SQL high availability and disaster recovery
- Plan for SQL Server mirroring; plan for SQL Server clustering; plan for SQL Server AlwaysOn; plan for SQL Server Log Shipping; plan for storage redundancy; plan for login replication
Plan SharePoint high availability
- Plan for service distribution; plan for service instance configuration; plan for physical server distribution; plan for network redundancy; plan for server load balancing; plan for SQL Server aliases
Plan backup and restore
- Establish a SharePoint backup schedule; establish a SQL Server backup schedule; plan a non-production environment content refresh; plan for farm configuration recovery; plan for service application recovery; plan for content recovery; configure a recovery solution using SQL Database running in Azure and other Azure backup solutions
- Plan for SQL high availability and disaster recovery
- Plan a SharePoint environment (20%)
Plan a social workload
- Plan communities; plan My Sites; plan social permissions; plan user profiles; plan activity feeds; plan connections; configure Yammer settings
Plan and configure a search workload
- Plan and configure search result relevancy; plan and configure index freshness; plan and configure result sources; plan and configure the end-user experience; plan and configure a search schema; analyse search analytics reports
Plan and configure a Web Content Management (WCM) workload
- Plan and configure channels; plan and configure product catalogue and topic pages; plan and configure Design Manager; plan and configure content deployment; plan and configure display templates; plan and configure variations
Plan an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) workload
- Plan and configure E-Discovery; plan and configure document routing; plan and configure co-authoring; plan and configure record disposition and retention; plan large document repositories; plan and configure software boundaries
- Plan a social workload
- Upgrade and migrate a SharePoint environment (20%)
Evaluate content and customisations
- Perform migration pre-check tasks; analyse content database test results; configure web application authentication for upgrade; resolve orphan objects; resolve missing file system components; resolve configuration conflict issues
Plan an upgrade process
- Plan removal of servers in rotation; configure a parallel upgrade; configure read-only access for content; configure upgrade farms; measure upgrade performance; plan an installation sequence; migrate SharePoint on-premises to SharePoint Online
Upgrade site collection
- Perform a health check; analyse and resolve health check results; plan and configure available site collection modes; plan and configure site collection upgrade availability; plan and configure EVAL mode; plan and configure site collection upgrade throttling
- Evaluate content and customisations
- Create and configure service applications (21%)
Create and configure app management
- Create and configure the App Store; create and configure subscriptions; configure marketplace connections; configure DNS entries; configure wildcard certificates
Create and configure productivity services
- Create and configure Microsoft Excel Services, Microsoft Access services, Microsoft Visio services, Microsoft Word Automation services, Microsoft PowerPoint Conversion services, and Translation Services
Configure service application federation
- Plan services to federate; perform a certificate exchange; manage trusts; manage service application permissions; publish service applications; consume service applications
Create and configure a Business Connectivity Service (BCS) and Secure Store application
- Import and configure BCS models; configure BCS model security; configure BCS for search; generate a Secure Store master key; manage Secure Store target application permissions; create Secure Store target applications
- Create and configure app management
- Manage SharePoint solutions, BI, and systems integration (18%)
Manage SharePoint solutions and applications
- Manage sandbox solution quotas; configure sandbox solution management; deploy farm solutions; upgrade farm solutions; deploy Apps; upgrade Apps
Plan and configure a BI infrastructure
- Plan and configure Performance Point; plan and configure reporting services; plan and configure PowerPivot; plan and configure Excel Services; plan and configure PowerView; plan and configure BI security
Create and configure work management
- Configure a connection to Exchange; configure a connection to Microsoft Project Server; manage trusts; plan Exchange configuration for E-Discovery
- Manage SharePoint solutions and applications
- Instructor-led training
- Exam prep video
Microsoft Certification PREP Talk: Exam 332
In this episode of Prep tips from certification experts, James Seymour, Certification Planner, and William Baer, Senior Product Marketing Manager on the SharePoint product group, discuss the relevancy of the skills being measured on Exam 332.
- Practice test
- From the community
Exam Ref 70-332: Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
Published: March 2013
Prepare for Exam 70-332—and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, this Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSE level.
Who should take this exam?
Candidates for this exam typically have more than four years of hands-on experience planning and maintaining SharePoint and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2008 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or later, Active Directory, and networking infrastructure services.
More information about exams
- Preparing for an exam
We recommend that you review this exam preparation guide in its entirety and familiarise yourself with the resources on this website before you schedule your exam. See the Microsoft Certification exam overview for information about registration, videos of typical exam question formats and other preparation resources. For information on exam policies and scoring, see the Microsoft Certification exam policies and FAQs.
This preparation guide is subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Microsoft exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format in which exams are presented. Please use this preparation guide to prepare for the exam, regardless of its format. To help you prepare for this exam, Microsoft recommends that you have hands-on experience with the product and that you use the specified training resources. These training resources do not necessarily cover all of the topics listed in the "Skills measured" section.