The globally recognised standard for IT professionals
Show that you can deploy and manage desktops and devices that provide access from anywhere, while maintaining security and compliance. Also validate your skills in virtual desktop infrastructure, remote desktop services, and application virtualisation.
Earning an MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification will qualify you for job roles such as desktop and device support, and data and applications manager.
Note The MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification is being retired in early 2016. If you are in the process of earning an MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification, you must pass all exams before they retire. If you already hold an MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification, it will remain valid. See the lists of withdrawn exams and withdrawn certifications.
If you haven’t yet started working on an MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification, you might consider the MCSE: Enterprise Devices and Apps certification certification as an alternative.
|Step||Title||Optional training||Required exam||Certification earned|
|1||Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012||Take course 410||Take exam 410|
|2||Administering Windows Server 2012||Take course 411||Take exam 411|
Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
|Take course 412||Take exam 412|
|4||Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure||Take course 415||Take exam 415|
|5||Implementing Desktop Application Environments||Take course 416||Take exam 416|
- Additional options
You can substitute Exam 346: Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements, Exam 409: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center or Exam 462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases, for Exam 412.
- How to upgrade to the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification
You can upgrade these certifications to the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification.
- MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
- MCSA: Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008
- MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2
- MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
- MCITP: Lync Server Administrator 2010
- MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010
Step Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned 1 Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 Take course 417 Take exam 417 2 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure Take course 415 Take exam 415 3 Implementing Desktop Application Environments Take course 416 Take exam 416
- How to recertify the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification
If you currently hold the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification, and are approaching your three-year recertification date, you can recertify by taking this exam.
Title Optional training Required exam Certification earned Recertification for MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure Not available Take exam 982
- Sign up to receive occasional email messages about Microsoft Certifications
- Find training on Windows Server 2012 in the Microsoft Virtual Academy
- Watch the Jump Start for Windows Server 2012
- Download an evaluation copy of Windows Server 2012
- Download an evaluation copy of Windows 8
- Download an evaluation copy of System Center 2012
- Find a Microsoft Official Practice Test