Dynamics 365 for Marketing can be deployed into the Microsoft Azure datacenters (also referred to as “regions”) listed below.
Microsoft may replicate customer data to other regions available within the same geography for data durability, except as specified below. For those customers that choose to deploy in the European Union or United States Azure geographic areas (also referred to as “geo”), your Customer Data will stay within that geo. For deployments in other geos, Customer Data will leave that geo. No matter where Customer Data is stored, Microsoft does not control or limit the locations from which customers or their end users may access Customer Data.
|Australia||Australia East (New South Wales)
Australia Southeast (Victoria)
|Asia Pacific||East Asia (Hong Kong)
Southeast Asia (Singapore)
|Brazil||Brazil South (São Paulo State)1|
|Canada||Canada Central (Toronto)
Canada East (Québec City)
|Europe||North Europe (Ireland)
West Europe (Netherlands)
|India||Central India (Pune)
South India (Chennai)
West India (Mumbai)
|Japan||Japan East (Tokyo, Saitama)
Japan West (Osaka)
|United States||East US (Virginia)
East US 2 (Virginia)
North Central US (Illinois)
Central US (Iowa)
South Central US (Texas)
West Central US (Utah)
West US (California)
West US 2 (Washington)
|United Kingdom (UK)||UK South (London)
UK West (Cardiff, Durham)
Storing customer data
For customers in the United States and European Union, Microsoft will not transfer Customer Data outside the selected Azure geographic location (geo) for Dynamics 365 for Marketing except when:
- It is necessary for Microsoft to provide customer support, troubleshoot the service, or comply with legal requirements.
- Customers use services that are designed to operate globally, including the following:
- Email marketing sending used to send marketing messaging globally as configured by the customer.
- Marketing resource file delivery through content delivery networks to deliver marketing content globally – like pictures in emails.
- Dynamics 365 home page, which stores application names, descriptions, and logos globally for performance;
- Azure Active Directory, which may store Active Directory data globally. You can find more information here;
- Azure Multi-Factor Authentication, which may store Multi-Factor Authentication data globally. You can find more information here;
- Customer data collected during the onboarding process by the Microsoft Office 365 Admin Center. You can find more information here;
- Services that provide global routing functions and do not process or store customer data. This includes Azure DNS, which provides domain name services that route to different regions; or
- Preview, beta, or other pre-release services, which typically store customer data in the United States but may store it globally.
- Additionally, certain types of customer data (specifically the application name, application description, and application logo) will be stored globally, rather than in the primary storage geo.
- Customers configure external services to extend Dynamics 365 for Marketing, such customer configurations may cause customer data to be transferred outside of the selected geo. Examples of customer configurable external services include:
- Machine Learning Cognitive Services: If features that use cognitive services are activated, customer data for domains such as product recommendations and demand forecasting can be synchronized outside of the configured region. Use of these features is optional. You can find more information here.
- Data integration: Configuration of Dynamics 365 for Marketing data management features that work with external services (whether provided by Microsoft or a third party) may result in the transfer of core customer data outside of the region configured for the production environment to a geographic location that customers designate. You can find more information here.
- Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow: Customers who connect their Power BI, PowerApps, or Flow deployment to Dynamics 365 for Marketing may send customer data outside of the designated region to the geographic area where their Power BI, PowerApps, or Flow is deployed. You can find more details here.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services: Customers can choose where to store custom code, metadata, and data assets that support their Dynamics 365 for Marketing implementation. You can find more information about the availability of Visual Studio Team Services here.
Frequently asked questions
You can find the details for current and planned availability of country localization and language in the Product availability, localization, and translation guide.