The Agrimetrics Data Marketplace connects data and organizations across the food and farming sector to help create a more productive and sustainable food system.Learn about Agrimetrics
The agri-food sector is one of the least digitized industries in the world, with major barriers to collecting, sharing, and using data. This has stalled much needed innovation. Data owners, such as farmers, startups, and commercial agribusinesses, worry that sharing data will give away their competitive advantage. Meanwhile, agri-tech innovators who need data are unable to find it. With access to this data, growers could maximize crop yields sustainably, food processors could use analytics to ensure the efficient supply of food, and researchers could help agribusinesses become more efficient and sustainable.
The Agrimetrics Data Marketplace overcomes barriers to data sharing and collaboration. Data owners can share and monetize data without losing control of it, and innovators can access critical information in a usable format. AI helps connect valuable agricultural and environmental datasets within the marketplace, providing analysis-ready data quickly and cost-effectively. By connecting people and data, Agrimetrics helps the entire industry work together to address agricultural problems.
Overcoming barriers to collaboration
The Agrimetrics Data Marketplace benefits agricultural businesses by improving access, control, and monetization of diverse data from around the world. Growers can make better decisions on irrigation, fertilization, and harvest. Food processors can improve efficiency and cut costs. Ag-tech startups can get real-time data to improve services.
How Agrimetrics works
Global food businesses share data from equipment sensors, IoT devices, satellite imagery, and historical datasets on the Data Marketplace. AI helps link datasets. With pre-linked and analysis-ready data all in one place, growers, processors, and ag-tech developers can more easily find insights to address agricultural challenges.
How Agrimetrics uses Azure
- Azure Kubernetes Service to run customer-facing and internal services.
- Azure Event Hubs to stream high-volume data such as weather forecasts.
- Azure Log Analytics to collect and analyze log information across all Agrimetrics processes.
- Azure Application Insights to monitor live applications and diagnose usage issues.
- Azure Sentinel to analyze incoming traffic for threats.
- Azure Data Lake to store high-volume data.
- Azure API Management to securely publish APIs and control access.
- SQL Server on Azure VMs to store a wide variety of transactional and observation data.