Customers and partners should begin migrating Azure workloads to the new German cloud regions now.
Customers and partners should opt-in to a Microsoft-driven migration.
Dynamics 365 & Power BI
Customers and partners should opt-in to a Microsoft-driven migration for Dynamics 365 and/or Power BI.
A: In 2015, we first introduced a new type of cloud region in Germany designed to offer an additional layer of privacy controls for German customers in highly regulated industries. These regions, referred to as the Microsoft Cloud Germany, are isolated from Microsoft’s global cloud network and access to customer data is managed by a German data trustee. Over the past five years, customers’ needs have shifted, and the isolation of Microsoft Cloud Germany imposes limits on its ability to address the flexibility and consistency customers desire today. Based on this evolution in customers’ needs, our new cloud datacenter regions in Germany provide customers and partners with greater flexibility, the latest intelligent cloud services, full connectivity to our global cloud network, and customer data residency1 within Germany. The new datacenters supporting these regions address German-specific compliance requirements, including Cloud Computing Compliance Controls Catalogue (C5) attestation, and will remove barriers so that companies who require in-country customer data residency can meet local regulations and requirements accordingly.
1Microsoft’s contractual commitments regarding the storage location of customer data can be found in the Microsoft Online Services Terms (OST) located HERE.
A: We are no longer accepting new customers or deploying any new services in Microsoft Cloud Germany. You should begin migration to another region to take advantage of the breadth of functionality, enterprise-grade security, and comprehensive features available in Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365 and Power BI. While we recommend you migrate to the new German datacenter regions, we will be sure to continue providing the necessary security updates to the Microsoft Cloud Germany region.
A: We are no longer accepting new customers or deploying any new features or services in Microsoft Cloud Germany. Besides that, the new regions in Germany:
- Offer market competitive pricing for Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement, and Power BI.
- Are connected to Microsoft global network, offering hundreds of network edge sites, peering locations, and egress points to deliver a robust user experience anywhere in the world.
- Help you meet local customer data residency requirements within Germany.
- Deliver our full featured global cloud offering, including the latest version of our services and new capabilities including Microsoft Teams and Multi-Geo in Office 365. Compare products by region for Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics 365.
- Offer full functionality, enterprise-grade security, and comprehensive features to help customers meet compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Are accessible through existing online services contracts.
A: You should migrate your subscriptions to the new regions. Please take the following steps to use the tools and services made available to help you through this process with minimal service disruptions.
- Azure: You should begin migrating your Azure resources to another region today. If you have Azure with Office 365, Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement, and/or Power BI, please follow the steps below.
- Office 365: You should opt in to the Microsoft-driven migration.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and Power BI: You should opt-in to the Microsoft-driven migration for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and Power BI.
A: If you have subscriptions to multiple Microsoft Cloud Germany services, you may need to wait until the Office 365, Dynamics 365 and/or Power BI migration tools are available. For Office 365, Dynamics 365 and/or Power BI you need to opt-in to each of these migrations separately. We recommend you opt-in to these migrations today. Read more details here:
A: Azure: You can begin migrating your Azure resources to another region today. If you have Azure with Office 365, Dynamics 365, and/or Power BI, please follow the steps below.
Dynamics 365 and Power BI: Opt-in to the Microsoft-driven migration for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and Power BI today. When we are ready to start your migration, we will inform you through the Message center in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
A: If you have questions, you can contact us as follows, or through your partner:
- For Azure, you can submit new support requests in the Azure portal.
- For Office 365, you may submit questions using the “Need Help?” link of the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- For Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and Power BI customer who also have Office 365, you may submit questions using the “Need Help?” link of the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement support options are located here. Power BI support options are located here.