HoloLens 2 Development Edition
Out of stock
Free 2-3 day shipping.
For more information or to speak to a business specialist, call 866-425-4709 Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM PT.
Create new experiences for a new reality
With mixed reality, the third wave of computing should be open. Build and manage apps and solutions for the HoloLens 2.
Shop other products
HoloLens 2 is an ergonomic, untethered self-contained holographic device with...Select HoloLens 2 for more information.
The overhead strap can make wearing HoloLens 2 Industrial Edition more comfortable...Select Microsoft HoloLens 2 Industrial Edition Overhead Strap for more information.
The replacement brow pad is designed to be easily swapped out on HoloLens 2 Industrial...Select Microsoft HoloLens 2 Industrial Edition Brow Pad for more information.
Designed to match the premium look and feel of HoloLens 2 while keeping your device...Select Microsoft HoloLens 2 Carrying Case for more information.
The overhead strap can make wearing HoloLens 2 more comfortable over longer periods of...Select Microsoft HoloLens 2 Overhead Strap for more information.
The brow pad is designed for quick and easy replacement on HoloLens 2. The brow pad is...Select Microsoft HoloLens 2 Brow Pad for more information.
HoloLens 2 Development Edition supports popular augmented reality development...Select HoloLens 2 Development Edition for more information.
Why shop for your business at Microsoft Store
Consider us your trusted business advisor. Call us at 866-425-4709 for expert help and support.
Buy more, save more
Our special business pricing ensures that you’ll get great savings the more you purchase.
Trusted Microsoft advisors
From assessing your business needs to assisting with set-up, we're here to help—call now or schedule a virtual appointment.
Flexible payment options
Invoicing, leasing with Surface All Access for Business and payment plans help take the stress out of shopping for your business. Call to discuss flexible payment options.
Shop with confidence
With Microsoft Complete for Business, you’re protected from manufacturing defects and accidental damage. Enjoy expedited shipping, Advanced Exchange, technical support and more.*
-  Purchasers will receive redemption instructions in a post-purchase email from the Microsoft Online Store.
-  Purchasers will receive redemption instructions in a post-purchase email from the Microsoft Online Store to redeem Unity Pro and Pixyz Plugin trials on 3rd party websites.
- *Warranties, extended service plans, and Terms & Conditions for your device.
- All sales are final. No refunds.
- Not intended for use by children younger than 13.
- Microsoft account is required to use HoloLens 2.
- Microsoft HoloLens 2 has a limited Warranty. Lean more
- By purchasing HoloLens 2 you agree to the software license agreement here. Learn more
- By purchasing HoloLens 2 Development Edition you also agree to the HoloLens 2 Development Edition Terms. Learn more
Purchases of the Microsoft HoloLens 2 Development Edition are limited to one unit per customer. I acknowledge that all sales are final and there are no refunds available on the Microsoft HoloLens 2 Development Edition. I understand that the Microsoft HoloLens 2 Development Edition is intended for development purposes only and is not permitted to be used for commercial purposes, deployed with a commercially distributed solution, or for consumer use. I further understand and acknowledge that my redemption of any credits or trials to any Microsoft or third-party services or tools may be subject to my agreement to separate terms which will be made available to me at redemption.
Microsoft HoloLens 2 Development Edition and related services and documentation are in English only.
The Microsoft HoloLens 2 Development Edition is not permitted to be deployed with a commercially distributed solution. All sales are final and non-refundable. By purchasing, you hereby agree not to resell the product, and your purchase is subject to the Terms of Sale and the HL2 Development Edition Terms. Special pricing for eligible students, parents, teachers and military. May not be combinable with other offers.
Offer valid from 9PM PST April 11, 2022 to 11:59PM PST December 31, 2022, while supplies last. Available only in Microsoft Store online in the United States and Canada, to eligible customers that receive the offer directly from the Microsoft Store Direct Sales and Support Team. Only available to K-12, higher education students, and parents purchasing on behalf of students. Your eligibility for this offer will be verified. Offer valid only on select HoloLens products. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or promo code(s). May not be combinable with other offers. No returns on purchases allowed. Promotional items given, or discounted products bought with, a qualifying product are not valid or must be returned if the qualifying product is returned. Refunds will take into account the discount. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit of 5 offers per customer. Other exclusions and limits may apply.
- Flexible payments: With approval of Citizens Pay Line of Credit at 0% APR and 12- or 18-month term. Subject to individual credit approval. See the Citizens Pay Line of Credit Agreement for full terms and conditions. Citizens Pay Line of Credit Account offered by Citizens Bank, N.A.
- Price protection: Microsoft Store Price Adjustment: Valid on purchases ofqualifying new or refurbished consumer and commercial physical products made at Microsoft Store and Microsoft Experience Centers in select markets for 60 days from the date product is received. Eligible Retailer Price Adjustment:Valid on purchases of qualifying new consumer physical products from Microsoft Store and Microsoft Experience Centers in select markets for 60 days from the date product is received. Excludes commercial and refurbished products. An Eligible Retailer Price Adjustment cannot be requested at time of purchase. Microsoft reserves the right to verify an eligible retailer’s advertised price and availability of the product. The product sold by the eligible retailer must be identical to the product sold by Microsoft and must be in stock for purchase at the eligible retailer at the reduced price. Exclusions apply. Both price adjustments: Price Adjustment must be requested within 60 days after the customer receives the product and cannot be completed at time of purchase. Customer is eligible only if the product is in stock for purchase at Microsoft Store or a Microsoft Experience Center. Customer must contact Microsoft to request the adjustment. For purchases from Microsoft Store, contact Microsoft Store Sales and Support with your Microsoft Account information and any other information requested by a representative. For purchases from a Microsoft Experience Center, you must return to the location with your receipt. Limit 1 price adjustment total per product. Excludes Surface Hub, HoloLens, and Windows DevKit. See here for full terms and full list of eligible retailers.
- Returns: Available with eligible physical products purchased from Microsoft Store online and Microsoft Experience Centers in select markets. Return process must be started within 60 days after customer receives the product. Limit 5 product returns per eligible customer purchase. Excludes Surface Hub, HoloLens, and Windows DevKit. Applicable return policy applies. For purchases made at Microsoft Store, see applicable Microsoft Terms of Sale for more information. For purchases made at a Microsoft Experience Center, see receipt for more information. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time.
Trade-in: Available only through the Microsoft Store online in the United States (including Puerto Rico). Offer valid for reimbursements after trade in of qualifying devices (PC, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, video game console). Recycled devices are not eligible for cash back. To be eligible for trade in, you must own the qualifying device, device must power on, battery must hold charge and not be required to be plugged in to operate, and be in fully functional, working condition without broken/missing components, cracked display/housing, liquid damage, modification(s) or have device warranty seal broken. Device cannot be password protected, and must include original chargers/accessories, and must contain hard drive. Customer must mail in the qualifying trade-in device to be eligible for the reimbursements. All trade-ins are final. Cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards, or credit towards other devices or products. May not be combined with other offers. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Other exclusions and limits may apply.
Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time.
Optics: See-through holographic lenses (waveguides)
Resolution: 2k 3:2 light engines
Holographic density: >2.5k radiants (light points per radian)
Eye-based rendering: Display optimization for 3D eye position
Head tracking: 4 visible light cameras
Eye tracking: 2 IR cameras
Depth: 1-MP Time-of-Flight (ToF) depth sensor
IMU: Accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer
Camera: 8-MP stills, 1080p30 video
Audio and speech
Microphone array: 5 channels
Speakers: Built-in spatial sound
Hand tracking: Two-handed fully articulated model, direct manipulation
Eye tracking: Real-time tracking
Voice: Command and control on-device; natural language with internet connectivity
Windows Hello: Enterprise-grade security with iris recognition
6DoF tracking: World-scale positional tracking
Spatial Mapping: Real-time environment mesh
Mixed Reality Capture: Mixed hologram and physical environment photos and videos
Compute and connectivity
SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 Compute Platform
HPU: Second-generation custom-built holographic processing unit
Memory: 4-GB LPDDR4x system DRAM
Storage: 64-GB UFS 2.1
WiFi: Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac 2x2)
USB: USB Type-C
Fits over glasses
1.24 lbs (566 g)
Windows Holographic Operating System
Dynamics 365 Remote Assist
Dynamics 365 Guides
Battery life: 2–3 hours of active use
Charging: USB-PD for fast charging
Cooling: Passive (no fans)
Contains lithium batteries: See more information >
What's in the box
HoloLens 2 device
HoloLens 2 Development Edition FAQ
The HoloLens 2 Development Edition includes a HoloLens 2 device, $500 in Azure credits, a 3-month Unity Pro trial, and a 3-month Pixyz Plugin trial.
You may only use the HoloLens 2 Development Edition for internal building and testing of enterprise applications to be used in connection with the HoloLens 2 (commercial edition) in a production setting. As part of purchasing the Development Edition, Microsoft may, in its sole discretion, provide you with certain entitlements identified during the checkout process, such as the right to redeem certain discount credits or trial access to certain Microsoft or third-party services or tools for a limited period. Learn more
Unity Pro is a real-time 3D platform for small/mid-sized studios/firms. It’s designed for teams with a mix of technical and non-technical skills. Learn more
The Pixyz Plugin reads and converts almost any format, optimizes and puts it in Unity, and stages it to provide ready-to-use assets for real-time applications. Learn more
Financing for HoloLens 2 Development Edition is only available in the United States.
This device is for developers building mixed reality solutions. We limit one purchase per customer transaction. If your company wants to buy multiple Development Edition devices, it will require separate transactions to purchase HoloLens 2 Development Edition devices on behalf of the company.
No, we do not offer device transfer plans.
HoloLens 2 Development Edition is sold exclusively on Microsoft Store online.
All sales are final and there are no refunds available on HoloLens 2 Development Edition.
Yes, this device is intended to be used for prototyping and testing mixed reality solutions.
No, this device is the same from a hardware requirements perspective. The Development Edition is permitted to be deployed in the aiding of the development and/or testing of applications in a commercial setting.
Microsoft offers a set of mixed reality services to enable developers to build and test mixed reality solutions. Learn more
MRTK-Unity is a Microsoft-driven project that provides a set of components and features, used to accelerate cross-platform MR app development in Unity. Learn more
MRTK-Unreal is the first UX Tools component to be released and is currently only supported on HoloLens 2. The component plugin includes code, blueprints, and example assets of common UX features for input simulation, hand interaction actors, press-able button components, manipulator components and follow behavior components. Learn more
If you are abiding by the HoloLens 2 Development Edition terms and conditions, yes, you can run any released application on the Development Edition. We do not limit the use of sideloaded or stored applications for this SKU.
Visit the HoloLens 2 Development Edition documentation page. Learn more
Visit the Introduction to Mixed Reality development documentation. Learn more
Visit the Introduction to Mixed Reality design documentation. Learn more
A 3-calendar month Unity Pro trial enables access to Unity’s complete solution for professionals to create, operate and monetize. The related Unity Pro trial has no deadline to redeem.
Yes, you can build applications with all compatible versions of Unity.
To get help with any questions about your Unity ID, account, organization(s) and subscription(s), please visit support.unity3d.com.
A 3-calendar month Pixyz Plugin trial that enables access to Pixyz to create ready-to-use assets with perfect tessellated meshes, limited polygon count, and automatic UV. The related Pixyz plugin trial has no deadline to redeem.