Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld Software Development Kit
The Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld Software Development Kit (SDK) provides you with the tools that you need to develop apps for the Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld operating system. This SDK requires Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 or greater.
Important! Selecting a language below will dynamically change the complete page content to that language.
9651.14141 Handheld 8.1 Supplemental Release Notes-SDK.pdf
Handheld 8.1 GDR1 9651.14141 - SDK.zip
537.1 MBThis SDK is an Add-on to the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK which provides support for Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld. The SDK adds support for testing your application on a Windows Embedded 8.1 emulator. Developers must install Visual Studio 2013 (Update 2 or later), which includes the Windows Phone 8.1 development tools, prior to installing and using the Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld SDK.
Supported Operating Systems
For Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld Development
Windows 8.1 (x86) or higher
• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)
• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
• Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
• Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Visual Studio 2013 Update 2or greater
For the Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld emulators
Windows 8.1 (x64) Professional edition or higher, and a processor that supports Client Hyper-V and Second Level Address (SLAT)
If your computer meets the hardware and operating system requirements, but does not meet the requirements for the Windows Phone 8.1 Emulator,
the Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld SDK will install and run. However, the Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld emulators will not function and you will not be able to deploy or test apps on the emulator.
• Follow the instructions for installing Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 or higher
• Install the Windows Embedded Handheld 8.1 SDK
• Click the Download button for the WE8H_SDK-8.1 file. Follow the instructions to install the SDK Download the release notes which are in a separate file in the download link for the SDK.
Using the Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld SDK
• The Windows Handheld 8.1 SDK will install everything you need into your existing Windows Phone 8.1 development environment. After installing, start Visual Studio as usual and use it to create your Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld apps. The SDK adds support for Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld emulator in the Visual Studio environment. Once your handheld app is complete, you may deploy it to the emulator for testing.
• Refer to the Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld APIs on MSDN for detailed application development and API information.