Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Microsoft® Spark ODBC Driver
Microsoft® Spark ODBC Driver is a connector to Apache Spark available as part of HDInsight Azure Service.
Important! Selecting a language below will dynamically change the complete page content to that language.
35.1 MBODBC is one of the most established APIs for connecting to and working with databases. Microsoft® Spark ODBC Driver provides Spark SQL access from ODBC based applications to HDInsight Apache Spark. Microsoft® Spark ODBC Driver enables Business Intelligence, Analytics and Reporting on data in Apache Spark. This driver is available for both 32 and 64 bit Windows platform.
See this page for instructions on to use it with BI tools.
Detailed documentation in the form of PDF files is also installed with the driver in the location specified during installation.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1Microsoft® Spark ODBC Driver is supported with the following HDInsight versions:
- Azure HDInsight Service, Spark cluster type on HDInsight version 3.6 or 4.0
- There are two versions of this installation package (32-bit and 64-bit). You should install the version that matches the version of the application where you will be using the ODBC driver. Both packages can be installed on the same machine if you need both versions of the driver.
You will need administrator privileges to install the driver.
To install the ODBC driver:
- Download the installation package, double click on it to start the installation.
- Accept the license terms.
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator from the Control Panel.
- Create a ODBC DSN that you can use to connect from your ODBC application.