Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) is for Windows operating system deployment.
Important! Selecting a language below will dynamically change the complete page content to that language.
- The Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) is a free tool for automating Windows and Windows Server operating system deployment, leveraging the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10.
- Version 8456 was released on January 25th 2019 and is the latest current version.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1Other Requirements
- The Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1809 or later, is required for all deployment scenarios.
- Configuration Manager, version 1810 or later, is required for zero-touch installation (ZTI) and user-driven installation (UDI) scenarios.
- From the link above, download the installer for the proper system architecture.
- Run the .msi on the target MDT server.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- Follow the steps in the installation process to complete the installation.
- Start the Deployment Workbench desktop app from the Start menu in the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit group.