Internet Explorer was retired on June 15, 2022
Windows Management Framework 5.1 includes updates to Windows PowerShell, Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC), Windows Remote Management (WinRM), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI). Release notes: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=839460
Important! Selecting a language below will dynamically change the complete page content to that language.
14.5 MBWindows Management Framework (WMF) 5.1 brings functionality that has been updated from WMF 5.0. WMF 5.1 is available for installation only on Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 SP1. Some of the new and updated features in this release include:
- Constrained file copying to/from JEA endpoints
- JEA support for Group Managed Service Accounts and Conditional Access Policies
- PowerShell console support for VT100 and redirecting stdin with interactive input
- Support for catalog signed modules in PowerShell Get
- Specifying which module version to load in a script
- Package Management cmdlet support for proxy servers
- PowerShellGet cmdlet support for proxy servers
- Improvements in PowerShell Script Debugging
- Improvements in Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Improved PowerShell usage auditing using Transcription and Logging
- New and updated cmdlets based on community feedback
Your feedback about Windows Management Framework 5.1 is valuable to us; we invite you to provide feedback at all times. For important information about changes in behavior from Windows PowerShell 5.1, and a list of known issues with this release, be sure to read the WMF 5.1 release notes. You can log bugs and suggestions by using the PowerShell forum within the Windows Server UserVoice.
Supported Operating Systems
Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7 SP1
- Please see release notes for the list of products that are compatible and incompatible with Windows Management Framework 5.1.
- WMF 5.1 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above. You can install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or above by following the instructions at Installing the .NET Framework.